Help, No Broadband After 6pm

Old October 10th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ash

Default Help, No Broadband After 6pm

Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

Old October 10th 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred

Every evening and always at the same time???????
Try looking for something electrical in the house or neighbourhood that
comes on around the same time?
Central heating,streetlights etc etc
How many phones do you have etc

oups.com...

Old October 10th 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Federation

"Ash" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

It might help us to tell us who you are with...

Old October 10th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddy

On 10 Oct 2005 10:18:15 -0700 Ash wrote:

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

Maybe something close by, that gets switched on at about 6pm, is radiating
interference into the phone line.

Sodium street light?

Something a neighbours switches on when they get home from work?

Something in your own house that switches on at 6pm?

Old October 10th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddy

On 10 Oct 2005 10:18:15 -0700 Ash wrote:

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

Maybe something close by, that gets switched on at about 6pm, is radiating
interference into the phone line?

Sodium street light?

Something in a neighbours house? (central heating, etc.)

Something in your own house, even?

Old October 10th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Ash wrote:
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

If you're not being rationed by your ISP I would suggest you go to your
master socket remove the bottom plate & then _carefully_ disconnect the
wires from terminal 3 put the faceplate back on & report back with the
results, after a couple of days...

Old October 10th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Gibson

"Federation" wrote in message
"Ash" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

It might help us to tell us who you are with...

Maybe external influence. Notice anything happening in locality? Street
lamps/ security lights coming on at dusk, etc. What kind of area are you in,
urban, rural? Neighbours coming home around that time, maybe switching
something on - faulty telly S/M PSUs a goody. Keep your eyes open.

Old October 11th 05, 02:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article .com, Ash
says...
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

could be many things. You got a Sky box for instance? Or flourescent
lighting anywhere near the modem/router?

It could also be line noise which does increase in the evening. If your
line is marginal an increase might just tip the balance.

Also try changing your broadband filter. You would be surprised how
often that cures things; try borrowing one from someone else first

FR
Old October 14th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Gibson

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article .com, Ash
says...
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

could be many things. You got a Sky box for instance? Or flourescent
lighting anywhere near the modem/router?

It could also be line noise which does increase in the evening. If your
line is marginal an increase might just tip the balance.

Also try changing your broadband filter. You would be surprised how
often that cures things; try borrowing one from someone else first

FR

So, come on Ash, any update?