A new Plusnet record!

Old October 11th 05, 02:33 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
ComPCs

Default A new Plusnet record!

In article ,
_ says...

Hi there,

Is the group listed he-
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

Never mind the *real* issue ..... !!
Old October 11th 05, 04:45 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"ComPCs" wrote in message
In article ,
_ says...

Hi there,

Is the group listed he-
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

Never mind the *real* issue ..... !!

Wasn't just me that noticed the evasive action then ;o)

Old October 11th 05, 05:44 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

No problems here at all, downloading 1000 headers in a couple of seconds.
Am I the only Plusnet Premier 2Mb customer to consistently have fast
reliable downloads and usenet access!? P2P, bittorrents etc all
consistently high speed too.

No you`re not the only one without problems...my 9 referals and I can`t
fault
the service but I must say that it worries me each time there`s a change to
T&C
in case we may be affected.

Fred

Old October 11th 05, 07:07 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Terry

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:12:20 +0100, "Well_I_Wonder"
wrote:

"Craig" wrote in message
I know a lot of people complain about the news server in the past - but
recently I have noticed that is extremely bad - getting headers and
downloading is so painfully slow.

Craig.

No problems here at all, downloading 1000 headers in a couple of seconds. Am
I the only Plusnet Premier 2Mb customer to consistently have fast reliable
downloads and usenet access!? P2P, bittorrents etc all consistently high
speed too.

I'm gonna regret saying this I can sense it!

W.

W,

I was like that until Sunday when usenet was the pits. I didn't appear
to have a problem posting to this group, but that may have been the
very small number of headers here. On Monday (and since) it was back
to normal with no noticable problems. Plusnet said that it was traffic
shaping, but I my doubts as I find it strange that I should only
notice the affect of traffic shaping on the one day.

I have to admit that before Sunday I couldn't understand why people
were moaning about usenet, but now I do.

Trusting that your usernet stays good

Terry
Old October 11th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Hi there,

Is the group listed he-
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

Never mind the *real* issue ..... !!

Wasn't just me that noticed the evasive action then ;o)

They must think we're stupid.

Old October 12th 05, 08:53 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
David Hookham

Mike H wrote:
"Keith Nuttall" wrote

Is there something else I'm missing?

A couple of years back you could simply ask PlusNet, and get a
straight, truthful answer!

It's not quite like that anymore.

I think Kylie is in charge of marketing... "I'm spinning around...."

Old October 12th 05, 09:01 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Cecil Garson

In message , David
Hookham writes
Mike H wrote:
"Keith Nuttall" wrote

Is there something else I'm missing?

A couple of years back you could simply ask PlusNet, and get a
straight, truthful answer!

It's not quite like that anymore.

I think Kylie is in charge of marketing... "I'm spinning around...."

And a line from Sandi Thoms single I wish I was a punk rocker....

"When accountants didn't have control"
--
Cecil Garson
Old October 12th 05, 09:10 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
David Hookham

Cecil Garson wrote:
In message ,
David Hookham writes
Mike H wrote:
"Keith Nuttall" wrote

Is there something else I'm missing?

A couple of years back you could simply ask PlusNet, and get a
straight, truthful answer!

It's not quite like that anymore.

I think Kylie is in charge of marketing... "I'm spinning around...."

And a line from Sandi Thoms single I wish I was a punk rocker....

"When accountants didn't have control"

How about:
Fun Boy Three - The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Mike and the Mechanics - All I need is a miracle
Whitney Houston - Didn't we almost have it all?
Kim Wilde - You keep me hanging on

Old October 12th 05, 09:12 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Nuttall

Mike H wrote in article
:

It's not quite like that anymore.

It seems to me that this year has been a watershed for ADSL at PlusNet.

BT rolled out a bunch of free* upgrades to 2Mbit, and all of a sudden
PlusNet's customers have the ability to download up to four times more
than they could at the start of the year.

Most didn't, but, undoubtedly, the average punter will be using more
than they were before. Leechers would have mostly already been on
2Mbit.

Due to the new technology, PlusNet's management will have made the
decision that they can no longer financially support the uncontended
service they have mostly provided since the introduction of ADSL, and
set a maximum spend on capacity.

Now, we are all seeing the effects of this contention, and maybe it
could be managed better. Hopefully, they will sort it out eventually.
But old-timers know how long it takes PlusNet to do things. It could be
a long ride, and many people might want to catch the train instead.

--
Keith Nuttall
www.yammer.co.uk
Old October 12th 05, 09:13 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Nuttall

Keith Nuttall wrote in article
:

free*

There's no such thing as "free". We'll end up paying for it, somehow.