A new Plusnet record!

Old October 10th 05, 09:09 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default A new Plusnet record!

How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?
Old October 10th 05, 09:51 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

Steve wrote:

How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?

Yup. Very slow tonight, on a 1meg Prem account.

Will we get a reply? Nope.

Old October 10th 05, 09:57 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Nuttall

Steve wrote in article news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?

Slowest night so far for me. Consistently single figures kB/s on
headers. Group counts seem to take forever.

What I don't understand is why the Usenet status light is on Yellow. I
thought it was supposed to be fixed and the current crap speed is
solely down to the Ellacoya config.

Is there something else I'm missing?

--
Keith Nuttall
www.yammer.co.uk
Old October 10th 05, 10:14 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Real Ale

" How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?

Nah .. 10 kb/s pulling a file from Astraweb
( because PN don't even have the group ) on 2meg Premier.

Chris

Old October 10th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddy

Old October 10th 05, 10:22 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Keith Nuttall" wrote

Is there something else I'm missing?

A couple of years back you could simply ask PlusNet, and get a straight,
truthful answer!

It's not quite like that anymore.

- Mike

Old October 10th 05, 11:38 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Craig

I know a lot of people complain about the news server in the past - but
recently I have noticed that is extremely bad - getting headers and
downloading is so painfully slow.

Craig.

Old October 11th 05, 12:10 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Real Ale wrote:
" How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?

Nah .. 10 kb/s pulling a file from Astraweb
( because PN don't even have the group ) on 2meg Premier.

Chris

Hi there,

Is the group listed he-
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

If it is, we can add it.

Kind Regards,

Old October 11th 05, 12:12 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Well_I_Wonder

"Craig" wrote in message
I know a lot of people complain about the news server in the past - but
recently I have noticed that is extremely bad - getting headers and
downloading is so painfully slow.

Craig.

No problems here at all, downloading 1000 headers in a couple of seconds. Am
I the only Plusnet Premier 2Mb customer to consistently have fast reliable
downloads and usenet access!? P2P, bittorrents etc all consistently high
speed too.

I'm gonna regret saying this I can sense it!

W.

Old October 11th 05, 01:02 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Steve" wrote in message
How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver?

Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?

Can I ask why you stay with such a **** pot ISP, or are you still tied into
a contract ?