Is OneTel any good?

Old October 10th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gribela

Default Is OneTel any good?

One day BT will upgrade our exchange to Broadband, they've been promising
since July 27th but every time we get within 2 weeks of the date it shifts
another month. Possibly we'll get it this month. So it's worth looking at
possible suppliers.

Is OneTel any good for broadband?

Old October 10th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Gribela wrote:
One day BT will upgrade our exchange to Broadband, they've been
promising since July 27th but every time we get within 2 weeks of the
date it shifts another month. Possibly we'll get it this month. So
it's worth looking at possible suppliers.

Is OneTel any good for broadband?

If there isn't any Broadband capability in your local exchange doubt if
going to Onetel will do you any good (if you can that is)

Old October 11th 05, 01:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Can't comment on OneTel's broadband as such, but as a long time phone
customer I have OneTel email and I regret to say that their mail servers are
often rather temperamental.
Reputedly their Usenet are next to useless. The customer service has gone to
pot since it was taken over by Centrica, it just uses their common call
centre.
Centrica has put OneTel up for sale, and their BB prices aren't very
competitive.

I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net. I have had their BB for 2 and
half years now and can't fault it. Recent complaints on this group relate to
Plus.Net slowing down downloads of music, videos and binary files at busy
times, but us ordinary users see no effect on the service.
For just £14.99 you get 2Mb/s service and no fixed download limit on the
'Broadband Plus' tariff, just about the cheapest available. Plus.Net won
awards for customer service.
If you sign up with tem please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me
few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Old October 11th 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Festering PusNet

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:48:02 +0100, "Martin²" wrote:

I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

You're either a troll or ****ing mental!
Old October 11th 05, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:48:02 +0100, "Martin²" wrote:

I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net. I have had their BB for 2 and
half years now and can't fault it.

It's a shame that *many* others can.

Recent complaints on this group relate to
Plus.Net slowing down downloads of music, videos and binary files at busy
times, but us ordinary users see no effect on the service.

Rubbish. It took me over TWO minutes to fetch only 550 headers from a
TEXT newsgroup the other day. And that's on a 2Meg 'Premier' account!

Usenet is *crippled* by Plusnet between the hours of 4pm and 1am.
You're better off on dial-up between those times if you wish to use
Usenet.

For just £14.99 you get 2Mb/s service and no fixed download limit on the
'Broadband Plus' tariff, just about the cheapest available.

Cheap shouldn't necessarily mean rubbish.

Plus.Net won awards for customer service.

Here I'll agree with you. When I have had to contact support they've
been quite good.

If you sign up with tem please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me
few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Tied into a twelve-month contract by any chance, Martin?
Old October 11th 05, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article ,
Martin² says...
I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net.

and then look at the others which are NOT being 'recommended' by someone
spamming for a referral bonus.
Old October 11th 05, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan

unreliable mail servers and support in India is crap.forget them there
are better.

Old October 11th 05, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Martin² wrote:
snip
I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net. I

snip

I would *never* consider PlusNet. You can compare many ISPs with ADSLguide
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp Zen Internet and freenetname /
Madasafish seem to do well.
--
Adrian A

Old October 11th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Default Avoid Plusnet!!!

I would suggest you have look at Plus.Net. I have had their BB for 2 and
half years now and can't fault it. For just £14.99 you get 2Mb/s service
and no fixed download limit on the 'Broadband Plus' tariff, just about the
cheapest available. Plus.Net won awards for customer service.
If you sign up with tem please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save
me few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Lol, recommend Plusnet, that's a good one, but I see you have adopted the
Minusnet attitude, who cares about the customer, so long as you are a little
better off.

These referrals should be stopped, your never going to get an honest
unbiased recommendation from someone asking for one.

Old October 12th 05, 02:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Colin:
These referrals should be stopped, your never going to get an honest
unbiased recommendation from someone asking for one.

Obviously you haven't thought it trough !
In order for me to benefit, both the of us have to STAY with Plus.Net,
that wouldn't happen if either of us found the service unsatisfactory.
So where is the bias ?
Also it saves Plus.net money - much cheaper then TV adverts - so they can
keep their prices
lower then competition.
Regards,
Martin