E7even broadband

Old October 11th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default E7even broadband

I had been with the E7even broadband for just over a month.
I have a 2 MB connection which is fine at off-peak times. late
afternoon's and evenings the speed seriously drops, sometimes as slow
as 248Kbps download.
E7even comments are that their engineers are working on it and
hopefully there will be improvements in the next two or three weeks.
Are you having this problem? and what are your comments please.
George

Old October 11th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

wrote in message oups.com...
I had been with the E7even broadband for just over a month.
I have a 2 MB connection which is fine at off-peak times. late
afternoon's and evenings the speed seriously drops, sometimes as slow
as 248Kbps download.
E7even comments are that their engineers are working on it and
hopefully there will be improvements in the next two or three weeks.
Are you having this problem? and what are your comments please.
George

It has been a problem for about a month, although things had improved
somewhat yesterday, I guess they need to introduce a fair usage policy.

The speed has tended to be worse if you are connected via the E7even1
gateways - which have IP addresses of 217.41.131.xxx. Repeatedly
disconnecting PPP and reconnecting after a few seconds until you get an
E7even2 gateway: IP 217.47.xxx.xxx has been known to improve the
speed by a few hundred kbps.

Old October 11th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

James wrote:
In article ,
LID says...

James, what speed connection do you have ? Contact your ISP and they
will pass it onto BTw to do tests on your line. I've had speed
problems for months, although things are looking up a bit now. Best
of luck with BTw, my experience with them was not good. lol

I'm on 2MB, rock solid during the day, top speeds etc.. 4:30pm to
about 11.30 pm it's dreadful, then gradually gets better.

My exchange is showing contention problems on metronets checker
http://metronet.co.uk/adsl/exchangeChecker. It keeps saying a date
has set for work, but they keep passing without improvement.

ok thanks, your isp may ask you to do 3 BT Tests including one between the
hours of 00:00 and 07:00 (thats what I had to do), if you are getting below
400kbps BTw have to act. Good luck I was getting double figures on the BT
test, thats how bad it was for me.