New to PlusNet

Old October 14th 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

Default New to PlusNet

Hi

I am a light user (4Gb/month) and I've been with plusnet bb+ for a few
months now without any real problems. Yes, usenet is slow on bb+ at dialup
speeds, but that doesn't bother me because I only use text groups - and very
few at that.

However for the past few days, usenet has pretty much died on me. Constant
connection errors, and when I do connect it mainly times out. On rare
occasions, I can download maybe 5 messages before it craps out again.

So I raised a ticket (#17806053) and the response I get is to upgrade to
their Premier product and the problem will go away. Now, a friend of mine
also has the same problem, and he IS on Premier. To me, this sounds like
they cannot be bothered to fix the problem, so would rather sell me another
product that won't fix it either.

I would appreciate if any plusnet support people in here could look at my
ticket for me.

sparkysdream
(hoping I can eventually this message posted)

Old October 14th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

I would appreciate if any plusnet support people in here could look at my
ticket for me.

sparkysdream

Save yourself the hassle, Plusnet are liars. Migrate to a better ISP.

Old October 14th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_HogŪ

"SparkysDream" wrote in message
Hi
So I raised a ticket (#17806053) and the response I get is to upgrade to
their Premier product and the problem will go away.

At least they still have a sense of humour!

Old October 14th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

SparkysDream wrote:

[...]

They will tell you anything these days. I have a 1 M premier account and
have similar problems to those you describe.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old October 14th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

SparkysDream wrote:

[...]

You could try a downgrade (!) to the simple BB (PAYG). Your 4Gb would
then cost Ģ14.99 + Ģ3 for the data, but you get decent priority all the
time.

Bill
Old October 16th 05, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article ,
SparkysDream writes
[...]

Their service status has been showing a problem with internal & external
usenet access for "29 Days 12 Hrs 19 Mins" which remains unresolved
and they report that it will remain so until, "29/10/2005 @ 16:00" which is a
total of SIX WEEKS. If any ISP has a problem they cannot resolve within
six weeks I would seriously doubt their capabilities. If you are within
45days of your moving to PN then I would recommend that you take them
up on their offer to migrate out again free of charge to another provider,
actually even if you are outside the 45day period I would recommend you
migrate out, the financial cost will be less than angst you are suffering.
--
fred