PSTN cease

Old November 15th 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TommyP

Default PSTN cease

First post so be gentle with me....

Moved into a new rented house on 3rd sept, found that the landlor
still had the phone line connected as she'd only just moved out and s
we registered with Plus.net for ADSL...

Forward two months....

Landlord asks us to take over responsibility for the phone line so w
keep exactly the same phone number just change the name on th
account....

Forward a week....

Email arrived from Plus.net this afternoon stating that a "PSTN cease
had occurred on our phone line and we have to contact BT to get i
stopped.

Contact BT and they say it's Plus.net responsibility

Contact Plus.net and they say (and I agree) that it was BT residentia
who initiated the PSTN cease so BT are the ones to sort it...

Repeat with being past back from one to the other.

Finally get a woman at BT that talks to BT Wholesale who apparentl
tell her that if Plus.net email BT wholesale giving the Eco (sp??
details they will cancel the PSTN cease.

I tell Plus.net and they say - ok we'll send the email but doubt i
will work.

Any advice on how to stop the PSTN cease!?!?

Thanks

--
TommyP
Old November 16th 05, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TommyP

Seems Plus.net sorted it - just got this email...

" Dear Mr Putman, Cancelled cease in ECO and e-mailed BT to notify
Placing ticket on hold awaiting there response."

:

--
TommyP
Old November 18th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jasper

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:30:42 +0000, TommyP
wrote:

Seems Plus.net sorted it - just got this email...

" Dear Mr Putman, Cancelled cease in ECO and e-mailed BT to notify.
Placing ticket on hold awaiting there response."

If Plusnet don't know the difference between "their" and "there" then
there's not much hope that they will know any more about technical
matters !

Jasper

Old November 20th 05, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
TommyP writes:

Any advice on how to stop the PSTN cease!?!?

I think it's inevitable if the account changes.
I suggest you keep it in the name of your landlord, if
it's not too late. This always strikes me as bizzare,
given that anyone can order ADSL on a line -- doesn't
have to be the account holder.

--
Andrew Gabriel