Novell saving money for the NHS?

Old December 7th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff

Default Novell saving money for the NHS?

"NHS Connecting for Health has negotiated a 21.8m agreement with
infrastructure and software services supplier Novell which will save the
NHS up to 75 million over three years, compared to previous arrangements"

http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/news/news_novell

- but that statement is only from the customer, of course - I guess the NHS
needs to read "Get The Facts", study a few MS-sponsored studies, and better
understand TCO?

Ooops!...." .....and use Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), which
can reduce the total cost of ownership of running both clinical and
non-clinical applications by and for the NHS"

"This deal with Novell also reduces the barriers for the NHS in using Open
Source, as it secures access to an enterprise class Open Source platform
along with, more importantly, affordable support, maintenance and training
to help our NHS staff make the transition."

Old December 7th 05, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 23:11 B Gruff wrote:

"NHS Connecting for Health

Sugar! - sorry all - wrong group!