Migrated from BT to a better ISP - question over BT email and pay as you go?

Old December 7th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Migrated from BT to a better ISP - question over BT email and pay as you go?

Hi,

After a week of being with Zen, and umpteen calls to BT to get them to
admit I had left their BB servce - i.e.

BT (who gave you a mac code, your still with us and your service is
active (bull****, was active with Zen 1am 01/12/05), you are now
upgraded to 2Mb with a new 12 month contract (I have had 2Mb for well
over a year, ever since the on-line app for upgrade went head and my
exchange was enabled - BT idiots), 5 diff departments all telling me
something different, but all still claiming I was with BT)!!!!)

they now say I will get most of the month ahead charge refunded and my
ADSL with them is indeed cancelled (from the 5/12, not the 01/12 -
a-holes), they said my BT email was still active and would be
pay-as-you-go - what the hell does that mean?

I do not want any email with BT - I have Zen, Newsguy, EN, Yahoo,
work, etc - are they still going to charge me or something? What else
could pay as you go mean?
Old December 7th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

wrote:
Hi,

they now say I will get most of the month ahead charge refunded and my
ADSL with them is indeed cancelled (from the 5/12, not the 01/12 -
a-holes), they said my BT email was still active and would be
pay-as-you-go - what the hell does that mean?

It means that your old BT account has been changed to PAYG dial-up. You
will be able to send and receive BT mails by dialling in on an 0845
access number. If you don't use it for 3 to 6 months it will probably
die completely.

You should still be able to *receive* mail from your BT account via
POP3 using your mail client while connected via Zen

Old December 7th 05, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 7 Dec 2005 04:53:33 -0800, "Mark Carver"

Hi,

they now say I will get most of the month ahead charge refunded and my
ADSL with them is indeed cancelled (from the 5/12, not the 01/12 -
a-holes), they said my BT email was still active and would be
pay-as-you-go - what the hell does that mean?

It means that your old BT account has been changed to PAYG dial-up. You
will be able to send and receive BT mails by dialling in on an 0845
access number. If you don't use it for 3 to 6 months it will probably
die completely.

You should still be able to *receive* mail from your BT account via
POP3 using your mail client while connected via Zen

Thanks for the clarification.

btw - Zen's a dream compared to BT. I get the feeling of good,
technical support, people that care, a proper ISP by all means.

Trying to get anyone in BT to understand anything you try to explain
to them is a waste of breath.
Old December 8th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:39:38 +0000, wrote:

[...]

I'm in a similar position with BT..

I use BT business dial up - they host my domain and mail etc.

I connect to the net using Zen ADSL - BT sucks. I send and receive using ZEN and
I also send via smtp BT server (smtp suthentication) as a backup.

Never had to use it though.

doz