Pipex CS

Old December 7th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

Default Pipex CS

Sorry to post another question about Pipex but I'd just like to gage
people's impression of Pipex customer support.

More often than not, I'm able to get through and speak to somebody after
15min wait. I then speak to somebody which can last about 5min or less and
they seem to be telling me what I want to hear and promise to get back to
me. However, for 3 times now, they never do. I have to keep calling back to
chase up, only to find that what was promised on my last conversation has
been ignored or there's been no record of it.

Is that all 1st line customer service with Pipex actually do ? Tell people
what they want to hear and get them off the phone as quickly as possible ?
Has anybody had an issue with them resolved efficiently ?

Am I flogging a dead horse here ? I'd like to know before my next billing
cycle comes round in a couple of weeks as they're trying to charge me 34
for a 1Mb line.

Thanks for any replies.

Old December 8th 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

?uzzled wrote on Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:17:25 -0000:

[...]

Part of the reason I left them to go to PlusNet (who BTW I'm very happy
with, despite the flak they get on this group) was due to the almost
non-existent CS. It even took them 3 phone calls and 6 days to get them to
send my MAC. On top of that they were more expensive than PN (and still
are). I'm not a "heavy" user (average around 10-15GB a month, occasionally
manage 25-30GB), and I have no hestitation in recommending PN to anyone.
Customer service has, for the couple of occassions I've called, been quick
and helpful and solved the issue without needing to pass to anyone else.

Dan

Old December 11th 05, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugo Nebula

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:17:25 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"?uzzled" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Sorry to post another question about Pipex but I'd just like to gage
people's impression of Pipex customer support.

Amongst the worst I've ever come across. During the day you can't get
an answer at all. You ring an 0845 number and have to listen to a
menu for five minutes, only to be told that, 'all operators are busy,
please try later'. Even when you do get beyond that, it's a fifteen
minute wait.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Old December 12th 05, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Hugo Nebula:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:17:25 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"?uzzled" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Sorry to post another question about Pipex but I'd just like to gage
people's impression of Pipex customer support.

Amongst the worst I've ever come across. During the day you can't get
an answer at all. You ring an 0845 number and have to listen to a
menu for five minutes, only to be told that, 'all operators are busy,
please try later'. Even when you do get beyond that, it's a fifteen
minute wait.

I've never used their 0845 number, always use their 01707 299 507 or 01707 299
505 number. So the call is either free if you have some inclusive calls
package, or if you use 1899 3p per call. Free via certain VoIP providers.

When I was with Pipex for a couple of years, I never had any problems, only
had to call them to get my MAC when I stupidly switched to TalkTalk BB,
managed to switch back to Pipex a few months later without penalty, then had
to phone Pipex for my login details as BT had switched over faster then the
Royal Mail could post out the details.

I always found their service extremely reliable, so never had any reason to
call them, other than for the above reasons, I had a wait of around 5 - 10
mins, but was sorted out pretty quickly.

Have switched to Telewest for broadband now, as I have now dumped the
landline, and use VoIP for my phone service.

For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when referred
to easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old December 12th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pooter

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} ] said

I always found their service extremely reliable, so never had any reason to
call them, other than for the above reasons, I had a wait of around 5 - 10
mins, but was sorted out pretty quickly.

I have a similar experience, and in 3 or 4 years I have only had to
phone them once, and that was to cancel when I moved. I rang mid-
afternoon, waited a few minutes to get to speak to someone, and I was
then dealt with within a couple of minutes.

Obviously some other people have had a less good experience, but
generally of course it is only those with problems who complain.
Old December 13th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

"pooter" wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} ] said

I always found their service extremely reliable, so never had any reason
call them, other than for the above reasons, I had a wait of around 5 -
10
mins, but was sorted out pretty quickly.

I have a similar experience, and in 3 or 4 years I have only had to
phone them once, and that was to cancel when I moved. I rang mid-
afternoon, waited a few minutes to get to speak to someone, and I was
then dealt with within a couple of minutes.

Obviously some other people have had a less good experience, but
generally of course it is only those with problems who complain.

I've not had problems with the service as such but they're trying to charge
me 34 for a 1Mb line. That's extortionate in these days of competitiveness.
Every time I call them, it's a 15 minute wait and then they tell me that it
will get sorted but it never does. I've given up pursing the email route.
They used to reply within 48 hours but now my emails are being ignored. I
think I'll ask for my MAC tomorrow. I was thinking of going over to
Eclipse...