Watford & AREA ???

Old December 9th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Advid

Default Watford & AREA ???

....I've been enquiring about getting my father on to Broadband and have just
been told by the ISP that they DO NOT support his area......

Is there anyone on here who gets broadband in the Garston / Abbotts Langley
area - Just north of Watford HERTS UK....

Can't believe that no one can get it at all.....................

Old December 9th 05, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:48:27 -0000, "Advid" wrote:

...I've been enquiring about getting my father on to Broadband and have just
been told by the ISP that they DO NOT support his area......

which ISP ?

www.bt.com/broadband has a phone number checker, most ISPs use BT
facilties.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php includes non-BT based
ISPs

Phil

Old December 9th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Advid wrote:

...I've been enquiring about getting my father on to Broadband and have just
been told by the ISP that they DO NOT support his area......

Is there anyone on here who gets broadband in the Garston / Abbotts Langley
area - Just north of Watford HERTS UK....

Can't believe that no one can get it at all.....................

Doesn't sound too likely in the Watford area as it's well covered for ADSL
at the BT exchanges. It may be that his line quality is too low but you
can easily check that with any ISP's online line check (often part of the
order process).

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/ Professional Hosting and Colocation

Old December 9th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Watson

Advid wrote:
...I've been enquiring about getting my father on to Broadband and have just
been told by the ISP that they DO NOT support his area......

And the ISP was....? I notice that you use freedom2surf - Did you
perhaps ask about one of their LLU products rather than a BT Wholesale
product?

Peter
Old December 9th 05, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Parry

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:48:27 -0000, "Advid" wrote:

...I've been enquiring about getting my father on to Broadband and have just
been told by the ISP that they DO NOT support his area......

Is there anyone on here who gets broadband in the Garston / Abbotts Langley
area - Just north of Watford HERTS UK....

His ISP may not but some certainly do as I know of a number of people
(not just on BT Broadband) who have ADSL in Kings Langley, Hunton
Bridge, N Watford area. There are some issues towards Sarret where
line lengths get silly but not along the main routes.

Suggest you try the number in the BT access checker via
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/availability/btchecker.asp

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/