tiscali broadband

Old December 10th 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Weir

Default tiscali broadband

hi there peeps my name is brian and i have recently just most to tiscali
broadband (2mb package)

now is it me or this service but all speedtest that i have run today have my
2mb connection maxed out at 456.87kbps

i never got any speeds like this wen i was with BT for my 2mb connection all
my speeds were great is anyone else having this problem as it is really
tickin me off that my 2mb connection is testing everywhere as under 512kbps

brian weir

Old December 10th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Gros

Yep they are absolute rubbish at the moment at peak times :-(
Supposedly "fixing things" but I don't see it myself.
Absolute rubbish!
And a 12 month contract too - hilarious!

Old December 10th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gmacz

"Brian Weir" wrote in message
hi there peeps my name is brian and i have recently just most to tiscali
broadband (2mb package)

now is it me or this service but all speedtest that i have run today have
my 2mb connection maxed out at 456.87kbps

Recently moved house and was told my max connection was 512kpbs at the new
house.
Tested it with BT last night and it was 1483kpbs.
1243kpbs is the reading now.
This is with Tiscali.
Yours Gmacz

Old December 10th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Brian Weir" wrote in message
hi there peeps my name is brian and i have recently just most to tiscali
broadband (2mb package)

now is it me or this service but all speedtest that i have run today have

my
2mb connection maxed out at 456.87kbps

i never got any speeds like this wen i was with BT for my 2mb connection

all
my speeds were great is anyone else having this problem as it is really
tickin me off that my 2mb connection is testing everywhere as under

512kbps

brian weir

You're not on your own Brian, my 1MB service gives around 320kbps max.

Perhaps we should start a forum/website to discuss the shortcomings of this
ISP.

Any suggestions for the name of the URL chaps (and chapesses)?

Old December 10th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

"John" wrote in message

"Brian Weir" wrote in message
hi there peeps my name is brian and i have recently just most to tiscali
broadband (2mb package)

now is it me or this service but all speedtest that i have run today have

my
2mb connection maxed out at 456.87kbps

i never got any speeds like this wen i was with BT for my 2mb connection

all
my speeds were great is anyone else having this problem as it is really
tickin me off that my 2mb connection is testing everywhere as under

512kbps

brian weir

You're not on your own Brian, my 1MB service gives around 320kbps max.

Perhaps we should start a forum/website to discuss the shortcomings of
this
ISP.

Any suggestions for the name of the URL chaps (and chapesses)?

The URL is here.........

Old December 11th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"The Simpsons" wrote in message

The URL is here.........

Yes, it may well we there, but a site devoted entirely to the downward
spiral of this ISP would be a damn good thing.

Old December 11th 05, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"John" wrote in message

"The Simpsons" wrote in message

The URL is here.........

Yes, it may well we there, but a site devoted entirely to the downward
spiral of this ISP would be a damn good thing.

Just testing my bandwidth on a 1MB connection and the speed is 316kbps max
and that is in the middle of their Fair Use Policy times, so they should be
doing better than that at this time dont you think? Crap or what?

Old December 11th 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
muzz

John wrote:
"John" wrote in message

"The Simpsons"
wrote in message

The URL is here.........

Yes, it may well we there, but a site devoted entirely
to the downward spiral of this ISP would be a damn good
thing.

Just testing my bandwidth on a 1MB connection and the
speed is 316kbps max and that is in the middle of their
Fair Use Policy times, so they should be doing better
than that at this time dont you think? Crap or what?

Do you get this speed all the time or just in the evenings ?

--
Muzz
http://highlandmist.blogspot.com

Old December 11th 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 11-Dec-2005, "muzz" wrote:

Just testing my bandwidth on a 1MB connection and the
speed is 316kbps max and that is in the middle of their
Fair Use Policy times, so they should be doing better
than that at this time dont you think? Crap or what?

They probably aren't buying in enough bandwidth to
Telehouse and LINX, to save money. That's why they
quote speeds as "Up To". Even if your ADSL line to
the exchange supports 1 or more Meg, your ISP may
not have the cappacity to support its user base.
Old December 11th 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"muzz" wrote in message
John wrote:
"John" wrote in message

"The Simpsons"
wrote in message

The URL is here.........

Yes, it may well we there, but a site devoted entirely
to the downward spiral of this ISP would be a damn good
thing.

Just testing my bandwidth on a 1MB connection and the
speed is 316kbps max and that is in the middle of their
Fair Use Policy times, so they should be doing better
than that at this time dont you think? Crap or what?

Do you get this speed all the time or just in the evenings ?

All the time

Its been crap for months now. Ever since they dropped the 512k package in
august/september time. A completely crappy service.
They even sent my mate a warning that he was breaking the Fair Use Policy
and he only ever uses the net for a bit of light browsing and email.