ntl e-mail

Old December 11th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dicken

Default ntl e-mail

my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for nearly a
month! has this happened to any one else?

Old December 11th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for nearly a
month! has this happened to any one else?

The "from" in your message is mangled. Or did you do that on purpose? My ntl
e-mail is working perfectly.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old December 11th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mick

"Jock Mackirdy" wrote in message
In article , Dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for nearly
month! has this happened to any one else?

The "from" in your message is mangled. Or did you do that on purpose? My
ntl
e-mail is working perfectly.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

I would have also said no problems out of the ordinary as all seemed ok for
the last few weeks except I have just had an email from Yahoo Groups to say
that the last few emails to me have been bounced. That one came through ok
and I don't think I have missed anything important but it makes me wonder.
Mick

Old December 12th 05, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sheba

news

In article , Dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for
nearly a
month! has this happened to any one else?

The "from" in your message is mangled. Or did you do that on purpose? My
ntl
e-mail is working perfectly.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

I would have also said no problems out of the ordinary as all seemed ok
for the last few weeks except I have just had an email from Yahoo Groups
to say that the last few emails to me have been bounced. That one came
through ok and I don't think I have missed anything important but it makes
me wonder.
Mick

Loads of problems with NTL email and also TESCO email over previous months.
It's been faulty on and off for around 5 years now believe it or not. They
still either use equipment which is unreliable or employ people that can't
keep a network running. I would advise setting up a few email addresses.
You will find it is always your primary one that goes funny and bounces mail
back. Tesco/NTL refused to accept there was a problem until I sent them the
messages that had bounced back from my accounts. The policy seems to be to
refuse anything is wrong. Phoning the technical support line is fun. I
spoke to a person in broken English that didn't know the difference between
a mail server and a news server or even what trace route is for. It wasn't
on his script.

Old December 12th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for nearly a
month! has this happened to any one else?

Never had a problem with it ...

--
The Caretaker .........
Old December 12th 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for
nearly a month! has this happened to any one else?

Maybe nobody likes you.

Old December 13th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

In article , Dicken wrote:
my e-mail seems to of stop working, i havent recived any thing for nearly
month! has this happened to any one else?

The "from" in your message is mangled. Or did you do that on purpose? My
ntl
e-mail is working perfectly.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

I would have also said no problems out of the ordinary as all seemed ok for
the last few weeks except I have just had an email from Yahoo Groups to say
that the last few emails to me have been bounced. That one came through ok
and I don't think I have missed anything important but it makes me wonder.
Mick

I have had similar of late ... NTL message 'soft bouncing' (according
to Yahoo) and stuff taking a long time to get through (once it's
available via webmail it's also available to Thunderbird (pop3 mail
reader)).

I have been with NTL for a long time now and for *most* of that time
all has been fine .. ?

All the best ..

T i m

Old December 15th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

0845 650 0121 :P