Tiscali is getting sloooooooower!

Old December 12th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marc B

Default Tiscali is getting sloooooooower!

I have been with Tiscali for 18 months. I have never used customer support,
the connection always works and does what I need (email, some light surfing,
driver downloads etc) and my Netgear 834G router quite happily transmits my
connection around my house (no SSID, WEP and MAC adressing enabled). I pay
my 14.99 a month and all is well until now. I know that Tiscali get a hard
time in here and I know that I have never jumped to their defence as its all
OK with me but 14Kbps down and 28Kbps up according to ADSLGuide!!! This is
a trifle slow. Where is my modem...

Marc

Old December 12th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Gros

There is a 10gig pipe down somewhere near Hayes I think which is causing a
huge reduction in speeds this evening.
Apparently it should be fixed this evening!!
HTH

Old December 12th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

"Marc B" wrote in message
I have been with Tiscali for 18 months. I have never used customer
support, the connection always works and does what I need (email, some
light surfing, driver downloads etc) and my Netgear 834G router quite
happily transmits my connection around my house (no SSID, WEP and MAC
adressing enabled). I pay my 14.99 a month and all is well until now.

know that Tiscali get a hard time in here and I know that I have never
jumped to their defence as its all OK with me but 14Kbps down and 28Kbps

up
according to ADSLGuide!!! This is a trifle slow. Where is my modem...

Marc

Where did you gain that info from Joe?