Tiscali, new IP address range?

Old December 12th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

Default Tiscali, new IP address range?

Anyone care to comment on something I've just noticed in my logs.....

For the past 18 months or more I have always been issued dynamic IP
addresses starting 212.139.xxx.xxx or 80.43.xxx.xxx

Since the start of December, I have been issued nothing but IP's starting
with 88.106.xxx.xxx

I know this because I have a system in place that monitors and records any
changes in IP address and keeps a log of date/time of change.

I wonder why they have suddenly started using new IP's starting 88.106 ??

Old December 12th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"John Stevens" wrote in message
Anyone care to comment on something I've just noticed in my logs.....

For the past 18 months or more I have always been issued dynamic IP
addresses starting 212.139.xxx.xxx or 80.43.xxx.xxx

Since the start of December, I have been issued nothing but IP's starting
with 88.106.xxx.xxx

I know this because I have a system in place that monitors and records
any
changes in IP address and keeps a log of date/time of change.

I wonder why they have suddenly started using new IP's starting 88.106 ??

Certainly looks like a new range

% Information related to '88.104.0.0 - 88.107.255.255'

inetnum: 88.104.0.0 - 88.107.255.255
netname: DSL-TISCALI-UK
descr: Tiscali UK Ltd
descr: Milton Keynes
descr: Dynamic DSL
descr: ================================================== ========
descr: Concerning abuse and spam ... mailto:
descr: e-mail to other addresses will not be dealt with.
descr: ================================================== ========
country: GB
admin-c: TU935-RIPE
tech-c: TU935-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: TU935-RIPE-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

role: Tiscali UK
address: Tiscali UK Limited
address: 20 Broadwick Street
address: London W1F 8HT
phone: +44 207 087 2000
remarks: Information:
http://www.tiscali.com
admin-c: DC-RIPE
admin-c: DG9105-RIPE
tech-c: DC-RIPE
nic-hdl: TU935-RIPE
remarks: Hostmaster Role Account
mnt-by: TU935-RIPE-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
abuse-mailbox:

Andrew

Old December 12th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:50:14 -0000, "John Stevens"
wrote:

I wonder why they have suddenly started using new IP's starting 88.106 ??

Probably for their own network engineering reasons.

88.104/13 was allocated to Tiscali UK in August this year. It's a
very large allocation (524,288 addresses) so they can probably fit the
entire dynamic IP DSL end user base inside it, rather than fragmenting
it across a number of smaller allocations. The 212.139 addresses
came out of a /16 allocation (65,536 addresses) allocated back in 1999
and 80.43 out of a different /13 allocated to them in 2001.

Jake
--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.