Problem with SHDSL Bonding (MLPPP)

Old December 13th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Bartlett

Default Problem with SHDSL Bonding (MLPPP)

Hi

We seem to be having problems with setting up bonding 2 SHDSL 1Mb lines
using a CISCO1721 w/ WIC-SHDSL-V2. But it doesn't seem to be working.
When we enable both the lines, the service just drops. Our ISP is
Freedom to Surf (F2S) and BT is the wholesale provider. We have spoken
to F2S and they say that some of the BT exchanges are not set up to
support DSL MLPPP. Does anyone have similar experiences or ideas for a
solution?

any thoughts would be grateful

Rgds

Phil

Old December 13th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On 13 Dec 2005 10:31:43 -0800, "Phil Bartlett"
wrote:

Hi

We seem to be having problems with setting up bonding 2 SHDSL 1Mb lines
using a CISCO1721 w/ WIC-SHDSL-V2. But it doesn't seem to be working.
When we enable both the lines, the service just drops. Our ISP is
Freedom to Surf (F2S) and BT is the wholesale provider. We have spoken
to F2S and they say that some of the BT exchanges are not set up to
support DSL MLPPP. Does anyone have similar experiences or ideas for a
solution?

any thoughts would be grateful

Rgds

Phil

Hi Phil

MLPPP on DSL lines has (almost) nothing to do with BT's setup insofar
as "setting up an exchange to support MLPPP" is not a conscious
decision on BT's part.

Having said that we have encountered a certain situation that in rare
circumstances can produce the problem you have described. We first
noticed it with MLPPP over ADSL but the same problem could occur with
MLPPP over SDSL.

The difficulty is much that I would *like* to share our experience and
what we did to overcome it, I consider this to be our competitive
advantage over F2S since the required engineering changes are carried
out at the provider's core and not on the CPE.

So on one hand I hope this helps, but on the other hand sorry I can't
help...

Jake
--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.