BT or Wanadoo??

Old December 14th 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Faulkner

Default BT or Wanadoo??

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if there
is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I should
go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner
Old December 14th 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if there
is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I should
go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner

My mate is with Wanadoo and he has no problems with that at all.....
I personally would buy her diamonds for Christmas.....

Old December 14th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Faulkner

In message , John
writes

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if there
is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I should
go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner

My mate is with Wanadoo and he has no problems with that at all.....
I personally would buy her diamonds for Christmas.....

We discussed this, and she wants broadband, and MP3 player, and a new
mobile phone. Go figure!!

--
Richard Faulkner
Old December 14th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I should
go elsewhere?

I went with BT - very VERY impressed so far. :-)

Simon

Old December 14th 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Jones

John wrote:
"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if there
is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I should
go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner

My mate is with Wanadoo and he has no problems with that at all.....
I personally would buy her diamonds for Christmas.....

I'm sure she'd be happy if you bought her diamonds John, but I'm not so
sure about Richard though.

Old December 14th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

John wrote:
"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if
there is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I
should go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner

My mate is with Wanadoo and he has no problems with that at all.....
I personally would buy her diamonds for Christmas.....

That's generous, you don't even know her. ;o)
--
Adrian A

Old December 14th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Richard Faulkner wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

2) I've narrowed it down to BT or Wanadoo. Not sure why, but I keep
coming back to these two. Both 17.99. Already with Wanadoo, or if
there is a problem, BT have direct access to the exchange etc..

Any suggestions as to which way I should go, or any reasons why I
should go elsewhere?

Many Thanks

Wanadoo have a monthly usage allowance of 2GB, this may or may not be
enough. Have a look at ADSL guide for possible alternatives.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp
--
Adrian A

Old December 14th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Ian Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

I'm sure she'd be happy if you bought her diamonds John,
but I'm not so sure about Richard though.

You can buy me diamonds any time you like, I have a friend in the trade
who'd give me top price ;-)

Ivor

Old December 14th 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Adrian" wrote in message

John wrote:

[snip]

My mate is with Wanadoo and he has no problems with
that at all..... I personally would buy her diamonds
for Christmas.....

That's generous, you don't even know her. ;o)

That's the problem solved then, one of you buy the diamonds, the other the
broadband ;-)

Ivor

Old December 14th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Richard Faulkner wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my other half from Wanadoo PAYG dial up to
broadband for Xmas.

1) Is it possible to do this on her line, but with me, (at another
address), paying the bill by DD?

Come on Richard, move in with her and share the ADSL connection together with
a router :-)

--
Mark