Good business broadband supplier

Old December 14th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Good business broadband supplier

Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are
:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

5.. Higher speeds are obviously better but not specifically a
requirement

Thanks for any suggestions and experiences,

Mike Davies
Block-X Limited

Old December 14th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Dotcom Computers Ltd

In reenews.net,
MinusNet typed:
Mike wrote

Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements
are

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices
to be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen
do)

5.. Higher speeds are obviously better but not specifically a
requirement

Thanks for any suggestions and experiences,

Prolly worth looking at
http://www.uk.easynet.net/

Nildram - http://broadband.nildram.net

I've been using them for 2.5 years now - no problems at all.

--?
Jason Russell
Dotcom-Computers Ltd
t: 01403 784340
f: 01403 786698
e: dotcom AT dotcom-computers.co.uk

Old December 14th 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are
:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

5.. Higher speeds are obviously better but not specifically a
requirement

Thanks for any suggestions and experiences,

Demon

I've had no problems at all.

Old December 15th 05, 12:41 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On 14 Dec 2005 09:25:42 -0800, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Mike"
wrote:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

Good luck...

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

You don't need this for either - get a DNS redirection such as from
dyndns. I run both from my dynamic IP on ntl.

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

Business grade. Will cost you much more.

Old December 15th 05, 01:44 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Carpenter

On 14 Dec, in article
.com
"Mike" wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are
:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

Available from most people not providing the highly advertised services.

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

Quite a lot do this some for small extra charge.

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

Some put 10 or 20MB max per email size limit which is possibly something
to watch out for.

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

Best for sorting this out to not be by direct debit or credit card
has been Blackcat for me.

5.. Higher speeds are obviously better but not specifically a
requirement

Define higher as nearly all can offer the 512 to 2048 Kbps range.

Some offer 8Mbps or SDSL but this is usually dependent on exchange and area.

best ones for nearly all the above I have found are

Blackcat http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/
IC UK hosting http://www.icukhosting.co.uk/

Both seem to be reasonable organistaions not huge in size so you get
sensible answers from support folks as well.

When I did a survey last year by email questionaire to suppliers these
were the top two in my list. Also setup and recommended to customers
and associates.

--
Paul Carpenter |

http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/ PC Services

Old December 15th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
John Daragon

Mike wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are
:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

I'm looking at a Zen invoice. It's on A4 paper, and it has INVOICE
written at the top.

jd

--

John Daragon
argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

Old December 15th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Mike ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

Almost any business ADSL account (worth it for the lower contention) will
provide a fixed IP, and almost any decent firewall/modem will allow use of
a Dynamic DNS service if you can't get a fixed IP.

Do not forget that you may have 2Mb download, but ADSL is only 256kb upload
- so your webserver WILL be dog slow. Host it properly elsewhere. Hosting
also gives you far better resilience, capacity and "shout-at-
support"ability.

SDSL gives 2Mb each way, but is expensive and restricted geographically.

Depending on what you want, Easynet are *superb* but not cheap.
Old December 18th 05, 12:41 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am looking for a UK ADSL supplier for my business. Requirements are
:

1. Unmetered, unthrottled access (though average useage will not be
particularly high)

2. Fixed IP so I can set up my own web server and email host

3.Provide email service while I set up the server

4. Invoice monthly and allow a standing order as payment. (Invoices to
be marked "Invoice" not miscellaneous un-fileable titles as Zen do)

5.. Higher speeds are obviously better but not specifically a
requirement

Thanks for any suggestions and experiences,

Mike Davies
Block-X Limited

Try biscit (www.biscit.net)
I've been with them for 2 years. I would not have recommended them early
on, but would do now.
I agree with the comment that running a server over the ADSL uplink does not
sound like a good idea. Most of the biscit bundles include web hosting with
mySQL PHP etc, which I have been using.

Nigel

Old December 18th 05, 01:32 AM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Herber

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:41:50 +0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

Try biscit (www.biscit.net)

Whoever chose to use the photograph of the girl with the coffee stain
down her dress. It's so obvious that the cup is completely empty.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
Old December 18th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.consultants,uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

wrote:

Try biscit (www.biscit.net)

Whoever chose to use the photograph of the girl with the coffee stain
down her dress. It's so obvious that the cup is completely empty.

It's also obvious that it's not stain but a shadow caste by the limited
flash photography which was used for the picture..

Whatever.... It's still not a good promo shot which ever way you wish
to view it