Block: Tiscali - IP 88.105.229.198

Old December 15th 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
Spin Dryer

Default Block: Tiscali - IP 88.105.229.198

In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Tiscali IP space.

They are incompetent morons who do nothing.

(user infected with sober.x)
Old December 17th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
WindsorFox

Spin Dryer wrote:
In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Tiscali IP space.

They are incompetent morons who do nothing.

(user infected with sober.x)

If you get abuse replies laden with stupidity from the abuse desk
people, you need to forward the entire thing to Emeric.

--

Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.- KJK

Old December 17th 05, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
!:?)

Spin Dryer wrote:

In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Tiscali IP space.

They are incompetent morons who do nothing.

(user infected with sober.x)

Didn't they show up here a few weeks ago looking to free up a block.
It was the FR TISCALI that was listed and the UK TISCALI just had the
same name that wanted it removed.

Maybe I'm thinking of another Host but that does look like it.

--
Kevin!:?)

Fight Spam Friendly Providers, use WWW.SPEWS.ORG
http://www.seige-perilous.org/spam/spam-SPEWS.html
Old December 17th 05, 02:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
just another ube reporter

"!:?)" wrote in news:[email protected]:
Didn't they show up here a few weeks ago looking to free up a block.
It was the FR TISCALI that was listed and the UK TISCALI just had the
same name that wanted it removed.

Maybe I'm thinking of another Host but that does look like it.

UK Tiscali does appear to be cleaning up their act. I used to get tons of
419/lottery spams from UK tiscali space and haven't received any in 3
months.

However, YMMV.

Old December 17th 05, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
!:?)

just another ube reporter wrote:

"!:?)" wrote in news:[email protected]:

Didn't they show up here a few weeks ago looking to free up a block.
It was the FR TISCALI that was listed and the UK TISCALI just had the
same name that wanted it removed.

Maybe I'm thinking of another Host but that does look like it.

UK Tiscali does appear to be cleaning up their act. I used to get tons of
419/lottery spams from UK tiscali space and haven't received any in 3
months.

However, YMMV.

Hi,

Ya that's what I thought too and the FR Host with the same name isn't
connected to them at all.
From what I saw in their posts here I'd say they were trying to clean up.

Old December 17th 05, 05:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
just another ube reporter

"!:?)" wrote in news:[email protected]:

Ya that's what I thought too and the FR Host with the same name isn't
connected to them at all.
From what I saw in their posts here I'd say they were trying to clean
up.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do think the different countries of tiscali (suck
as uk.tiscali and fr.tiscali) are operated as indepenendent entities.

As much as it owul dbe nice to see all of Tiscali cleaning up, I guess UK
Tiscali is better than none.

Take care.
Old December 17th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
Marcus Aurelius

Scripsit just another ube reporter:

UK Tiscali does appear to be cleaning up their act. I used to get tons of
419/lottery spams from UK tiscali space and haven't received any in 3
months.

I don't think I've seen any in a couple of years. Of course, the fact
that their IP space is permawelded in the DNSBL might have something to
do with that.

--
MA
Old December 17th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
WindsorFox

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
Scripsit just another ube reporter:

UK Tiscali does appear to be cleaning up their act. I used to get tons of
419/lottery spams from UK tiscali space and haven't received any in 3
months.

I don't think I've seen any in a couple of years. Of course, the fact
that their IP space is permawelded in the DNSBL might have something to
do with that.

I've shared a few enails with Emeric and he seems genuine to me
about cleaning things up. That includes one well known troll as well. :-D

--

Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.- KJK

Old December 17th 05, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
picker pecker

"WindsorFox" wrote:

I've shared a few enails with Emeric and he seems genuine to me
about cleaning things up. That includes one well known troll as well.

You are really wasting your time and breath, windsorfox k00k.

The malicious efforts of the SPEWS fanatics to smother opposition by sending
HUNDREDS of bogus complaints to ISPs have failed at every turn.

YOU WILL ALWAYS FAIL(TM).

I will be here until the SPEWS blacklist is FULLY VANISHED and DEAD... and
until all the SPEWS fanatics/clowns have left the Usenet for good.

There will be no relent on the war against the SPEWS FRAUD/SCAM/EVIL. There
will be no let-up.

The SPEWS fanatics/trolls/monkeys (like you) will have no choice on the
matter.

Old December 17th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
Marcus Aurelius

Scripsit WindsorFox:

I've shared a few enails with Emeric

Were they sharp enough?

and he seems genuine to me about cleaning things up.

Other than a deep cynicism and a certain amount of experience with this
bunch, I have no real reason to doubt that Emeric *wants* to make a
difference. Whether or not he'll be more successful than Drav Sloan[0]
depends on whether manglement at Tiscali lets him do his job. I don't
hold out much hope.

That includes one well known troll as well. :-D

That particular troll - if it's the one I think you mean - is but a gnat
on the wall. Insignificant, but the noise keeps you awake at night. Swat
it and your job is done. However, he has demonstrated a certain amount
of technical $clue in the past, sufficient at least to know how not to
get trojanned and what to do if it does happen. He isn't a problem as
far as I'm concerned.

The problem with Tiscali is (was?) the rampant abuse of their webmail
system by Nigerian scammers, and the humungous number of trojanned
winboxen on broadband connections. It wasn't until earlier this year
that Drav was able to prevent signup for free webmail accounts from
well-known hotbeds of spam like Nigeria, and I didn't see much evidence
of trojanned machines being taken offline.

[0] - http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/ex.../msg00002.html

--
MA