Clara blacklisted by AT&T

Old December 16th 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Clara blacklisted by AT&T

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:48:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings
wrote:

In article ,
(Peter) wrote:

I have reported this to them months ago but nothing is being done
about it.

Just now, another customer, in China this time, is reporting the same
thing; all emails from me are being blacklisted.

Why don't major ISPs do something about this? I'd think it must be in
their interest.

What's being blacklisted though, and have they given you any indication
why? Is it Clara's MTAs IP range or their ADSL IP range? Or is it some
sort of AT&T "policy" thing? I think it was Earthlink a while back who
blocked smtp traffic from pretty much anywhere other than the US due to
"spam".

A couple of weeks ago spampal was picking up one of clara relays as
being on the NJABL list. I reported the problem to clara and turned
off NJABL checking. Never got a reply / response from clara. In view
of the above postings I have turned on NJABL checking and sent myself
a test message. Spampal no longer objects to clara's relay. *But*
since I have lost the IP of the original failing relay I cannot
guarantee that the relay being used on today's test messages
(80.168.70.141) was the one that spampal detected as being on the
NJABL list.

--
cerberus
Old December 16th 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:20:41 +0000, lid wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:48:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings
wrote:

In article ,
(Peter) wrote:

[...]

Bad form replying to my own post, but I have just found the copy of
the email I sent to clara. The offending relay on 6/12/05 was,
80.168.70.142

--
cerberus