BT YAHOO BROWSER PROBLEM..page cannot be displayed sometimes

Old December 17th 05, 04:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bt_mc

Default BT YAHOO BROWSER PROBLEM..page cannot be displayed sometimes

OK,

I have just go btwireless broadband...I can access the net fine,
however there are some sites the browser jst doesnt like! I can get
unto google, news sites -bbc etc however I've tried accessing sites
like www.macromedia.com , www.apple.com www.tradedoubler.com or
www.CJ.com and its not letting me? any ideas what i need to change to
make this happen.

All that appears is a "PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED", other times it
launches a google search page with links to the urls im trying to find.
E.G http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ww...com&fr=ieas-dns . I click on
th sponsord links and its still comes up with "PAGE CANNOT BE
DISPLAYED" yet again!

I addition, when I try goin gto some websites such as www.hi5.com some
images just refuse to load..and still i can access most sites without
having this problem...

I'm curently using XP at the mo? i.e 6 too

From some suggestions Ive have I've installed flash player, shockwave,

Java..and its really fraustrating...

BT support have been useless ..no clue ansd have suggested i speak to
miscroft....I doubt BILL GATES will take my call.

Maybe i should have bought an apple macintosh ibook instead.

Has anyone got any ideas?

-T

Old December 17th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
me

Try emptying the Temporary Internet Files folder then restart IE.

Old December 17th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ron

"bt_mc" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

From some suggestions Ive have I've installed flash player, shockwave,

Java..and its really fraustrating...

BT support have been useless ..no clue ansd have suggested i speak to
miscroft....I doubt BILL GATES will take my call.

Maybe i should have bought an apple macintosh ibook instead.

Has anyone got any ideas?

-T

A lot of sites will often insist on third party cookies to track what you're
doing around the internet. Some will insist on pop-ups to annoy the hell
out of you, but refuse to let the site work unless you accept them and
others will insist on referral and private header information - again to see
which other sites you have been looking at. It's all down to marketting and
sales/advertising which is big business. Advertisers need to be shown
people can't escape using pop-up nd script blockers or privacy protection!

You could mess about with the privacy settings in OE6 if you wanted, but any
site that refuses to work is not worth using! You just don't know what
they're after that no other site is.

Use a different site instead.

Old December 19th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brodieman

On 16 Dec 2005 20:35:20 -0800, bt_mc wrote:

[...]

From some suggestions Ive have I've installed flash player, shockwave,

Java..and its really fraustrating...

BT support have been useless ..no clue ansd have suggested i speak to
miscroft....I doubt BILL GATES will take my call.

Maybe i should have bought an apple macintosh ibook instead.

Has anyone got any ideas?

-T

Don't use the BT Yahoo Browser, its buggy as ****. Use IE6 or Firefox.

I also find that the connection drops when launching Steam or if I've had
Bit Torrent going for awhile - I get the Page Cannot Be Displayed problem
then. You either have to reboot or wait a while - annoying!