Tiscali - Fast!

Old December 17th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Tiscali - Fast!

Has anyone else noticed that Tiscali seem to be working well tonight (Sat
17th)?

Despite a having 2mb Connection, typical download speeds are usually 100 to
300 kbps during the evenings, tonight I'm getting close to 2 mbps at
http://speedcheck.ispconnect.co.uk/

Is it just me, or have Tiscali made some significant improvements?

--
Chris

Old December 17th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
code_wrong

"Chris" wrote in message
Has anyone else noticed that Tiscali seem to be working well tonight (Sat
17th)?

Despite a having 2mb Connection, typical download speeds are usually 100
to 300 kbps during the evenings, tonight I'm getting close to 2 mbps at
http://speedcheck.ispconnect.co.uk/

Is it just me, or have Tiscali made some significant improvements?

they had to replace some fibre optics cable last week ... it got burnt . so
every one noticed a horrible slow down and then some speeding up .. seems ok
tonight ..

Old December 18th 05, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Default Tiscali - Too Fast?

code_wrong wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

Has anyone else noticed that Tiscali seem to be working well tonight (Sat
17th)?

Despite a having 2mb Connection, typical download speeds are usually 100
to 300 kbps during the evenings, tonight I'm getting close to 2 mbps at
http://speedcheck.ispconnect.co.uk/

Is it just me, or have Tiscali made some significant improvements?

they had to replace some fibre optics cable last week ... it got burnt . so
every one noticed a horrible slow down and then some speeding up .. seems ok
tonight ..

I ran a test at http://speedcheck.ispconnect.co.uk/ and it came up with:

"Your current bandwidth reading is:

2.31 Mbps

which means you can download at 295.88 KB/sec. from our servers."

I ran a test straight after using the ADSLguide speed tester and it came
up with:

Downstream 1885 Kbps (235.6 KB/sec) 2035 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps (inc. overheads)

I use a VISPA 2 MB connection and the ADSLguide figures are pretty much
what I get at any time of the night or day.
I used to be with Tiscali. Total nightmare. Look at the comparisons at
ADSLguide and get a proper ISP.
Old December 18th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

"Chris" wrote in message
Has anyone else noticed that Tiscali seem to be working well tonight (Sat
17th)?

Despite a having 2mb Connection, typical download speeds are usually 100

300 kbps during the evenings, tonight I'm getting close to 2 mbps at
http://speedcheck.ispconnect.co.uk/

Is it just me, or have Tiscali made some significant improvements?

Yes, they've stopped everyone using their internet connection (Fair Use
Policy). Of course it will improve if no one is able to use it.

Old December 18th 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Chris" wrote in message

Is it just me, or have Tiscali made some significant improvements?

--
Chris

Yes they have sent out 'Fair Use Policy Warning1' to all their customers who
use the net for anything more than 'light browsing' and email once a day.

That should improve things greatly, as long as everyone remembers to stick
to the rules of not using the service ; - )

Merry Christmas!

Old December 18th 05, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:18:26 -0000, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Dave"
wrote:

Yes they have sent out 'Fair Use Policy Warning1' to all their customers who
use the net for anything more than 'light browsing' and email once a day.

Just a tad pejorative that statement :-)

Old December 18th 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
keymaster

wrote:

Yes they have sent out 'Fair Use Policy Warning1' to all their customers
who
use the net for anything more than 'light browsing' and email once a day.

Hi
WOW! that's something I thought I would never see in a header - Tiscali and
Fast LOLOL
Roy

Old December 18th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"keymaster" wrote in message

WOW! that's something I thought I would never see in a header - Tiscali
and Fast LOLOL

Sadly Tiscali is back to "normal" tonight.

180 kbps download - on a 2mb ADSL connection - very disappointing.

Chris

Old December 19th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"keymaster" wrote in message

Hi
WOW! that's something I thought I would never see in a header -

Tiscali and
Fast LOLOL
Roy

Could be "Stuck fast"

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old December 19th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:59:18 -0000, "Chris"
wrote:

"keymaster" wrote in message

WOW! that's something I thought I would never see in a header - Tiscali
and Fast LOLOL

Sadly Tiscali is back to "normal" tonight.

180 kbps download - on a 2mb ADSL connection - very disappointing.

So find a site that can deliver data as fast as your ADSL connection
allows.