Wireless hotspots but no home access

Old December 19th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Wireless hotspots but no home access

I live too far from the exchange in a rural area to get ADSL and I
cannot see this situation changing in the forseeable future. I have a
wireless enabled laptop which I usually take with me when travelling
around. What sort of Broadband account would enable me just to take
advantage of wireless hotspots and who might provide such an account
at a sensible cost?
Old December 19th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Try www.BTOpenZone.com
Old December 20th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:57:53 +0000, Chris
wrote:

What sort of Broadband account would enable me just to take
advantage of wireless hotspots and who might provide such an account
at a sensible cost?

you don't need a broadband account, you need a Hotspot accout from one
of the operators whose hotspots you frequent.

You would be best to get a tmobile data card which gives you 100M of data a
month over GPRS/3G and
has free unlimited hotspot access bundled.

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/489/502

is typical of the offers around if you look.

Old December 20th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Colin Forrester wrote:

Chris wrote:
What sort of Broadband account would enable me just to take
advantage of wireless hotspots and who might provide such an account
at a sensible cost?

Try www.BTOpenZone.com

They have a very good deal if you have a broadband (and I think mobile?)
account with BT. I pay 6 for 500 minutes a month. Even with fairly
frequent use at train stations, Starbucks etc., I don't use them up.
Very good value IMO. May not apply to the OP, unless has BT mobile etc.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org