Update to Tiscali's Fair Use policy

Old December 19th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cog

Default Update to Tiscali's Fair Use policy

No direct response to my email, see this thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.te...de6642e11e3e0b

BUT, I have received this email regarding changes to the definition of
peak time in the Fair Use Policy:

Dear Customer,

Update to Tiscali Fair Usage Policy

This message is to update you that Tiscali has changed the weekend
'peak hours' period. Effective immediately, peak hours during the
weekend are now from 6pm until 11pm.

Please ensure that downloading of large files and use of peer to peer
file-sharing software is done outside of these hours to avoid affecting
other customers.

Tiscali's Fair Use Policy is designed to ensure all customers get a
quick and reliable service. If you have a query regarding this mail
then you can email

Important Note: When emailing please use your Tiscali email address
) and use the following reference in the subject
line "FUP Warning1". It may prove difficult for us to process any
queries or requests without this information.

Yours Sincerely

Tiscali Broadband Team

I don't know what that signifies... perhaps their bandwidth measuring code
was buggy and they were measuring 6pm to 11pm on Weekends, rather than the
stated 12pm to 4pm -- hence the reason lots of people (me included) were
warned? I don't know... I doubt it somehow, I get the feeling they simply
don't give a toss about me and my question. I'm going to wait until
Tuesday for a response to my email and then send another. If that is
ignored, I'm going to put it in a letter and post it.

Anyway, Tiscali users here take note -- FUP hours have changed.
Old December 19th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Cog" wrote in message
news
No direct response to my email, see this thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.te...ead/thread/0eb
1c8ee7433820c/53de6642e11e3e0b#53de6642e11e3e0b

[...]

Cog, I think you and me are of similar opinions with regard to this company.
I presume you will have read my recent post (just below yours today), and I
am very disappointed that Tiscali have chosen to send out emails suggesting
when I can and cannot use a service which I am paying them for the use of.
They are also trying to tell everyone what software they can run at what
time of the day..... It also seems very bad business practice to not reply
to your customers queries and concerns. This is one reason why I didn't
bother sending them a direct email about my first FUP Warning1, as I deemed
it a 'Waste of time'. I have on occasion had reason to call their technical
support, and found that a complete waste of time too. I was put through to
someone in India, who could not speak English very well at all. It all
seems a complete mess.

As you may have read in my recent post, I installed special software to keep
my usage down during the FUP hours (it was automatically scheduled to reduce
the bandwidth to a very low level at times of FUP), but still I am sent the
warning email about my over use of the service. What is the point of an
internet connecton that has so many restrictions, rules and regulations?

My computer is a family computer. I have now had to ban the kids from using
the internet when they come home from school.

I doubt you`ll receive a response from your email. They probably don't read
them, let alone reply.

John

Old December 19th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 19 Dec 2005 16:11, "John" wrote:

I presume you will have read my recent post (just below yours today), and I

Since different newsreaders can show posts depending on user chosen criteria,
I'd never suggest "above" or "below" as they can be displayed sorted by time,
sender or subject, and some (if read, for example) may be hidden from display
(check your application - under "View" | "Current view" you'll see 2x "Hide")

--
runbox.com - 10 GB of mail storage and 1000 MB for files...
30 day free trial... http://2238.runbox.com/