very rural exchange activation

Old December 19th 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default very rural exchange activation

I live in a very rural location and my exchange is going to be
activated 31/12/2005

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/se...&order=enabled

does this mean I'll be able to get any broadband provider, or will I
have to use a local "connected communities" scheme, which is rather
poor value compared to other providers?

roy

Old December 19th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stevie

ups.com...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/se...DESC&order=ena
bled

does this mean I'll be able to get any broadband provider, or will I
have to use a local "connected communities" scheme, which is rather
poor value compared to other providers?

You should be able to choose from a wide variety of ADSL providers.

Old December 19th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

What is the exchange name? Some are linked into community schemes whilst
others are open.

--
Peter Crosland

Old December 19th 05, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

the exchange is Barvas in the Western Isles

Old December 19th 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Well you could ask BT or the SDA. I would have expected it to get local
publicity.

--
Peter Crosland

Old December 20th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Warby

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:55:47 +0000, Stevie wrote:

You should be able to choose from a wide variety of ADSL providers.

Unless it's activated under the 'Exchange Activate' scheme like many on
Skye,if this is the case the bt checker reports you can only get ADSL
through BT or Scotnet

Martin
Old December 20th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Blessing

Martin Warby wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:55:47 +0000, Stevie wrote:

You should be able to choose from a wide variety of ADSL providers.

Unless it's activated under the 'Exchange Activate' scheme like many on
Skye,if this is the case the bt checker reports you can only get ADSL
through BT or Scotnet

Or any Entanet Reseller or Partner ISP.

COO
Entanet International
http://www.enta.net/
Old December 20th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thanks all, turns out its a mistake on the website, there is no enable.

Old December 20th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Warby

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:16:17 +0000, James Blessing wrote:

Martin Warby wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:55:47 +0000, Stevie wrote:

You should be able to choose from a wide variety of ADSL providers.

Unless it's activated under the 'Exchange Activate' scheme like many on
Skye,if this is the case the bt checker reports you can only get ADSL
through BT or Scotnet

Or any Entanet Reseller or Partner ISP.

COO
Entanet International
http://www.enta.net/

bt don't seem to think so this is part of the checker output for the
Glendale exchange

"The following suppliers offer Exchange Activate at your exchange:

Company For Home For Business
Broadband from BT
Scotnet
BT Business "

unless enta are behind scotnet..

Martin

Old December 21st 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

wrote:

Or any Entanet Reseller or Partner ISP.

you have bought into all Exchange Active exchanges, or are prepared to
if a customer is interested, or ??????

Phil