Belkin wireless router help

Old December 18th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy & Kim

Default Belkin wireless router help

Hi, i have a Belkin wireless router and over the last month or so i keep
getting the message "local area connection network cable unplugged" flashing
up. this seems to be more in the evenings. The belkin box LAN light also
flashes off when the message appears.
Is this a problem with the BT side as i cant find any problems at my end?

Andy

Old December 19th 05, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"Andy & Kim" wrote in message
Hi, i have a Belkin wireless router and over the last month or so i keep
getting the message "local area connection network cable unplugged"
flashing up. this seems to be more in the evenings. The belkin box LAN
light also flashes off when the message appears.
Is this a problem with the BT side as i cant find any problems at my end?

Andy

The date is wrong in your PC clock.
Anywho, its not BTs light as the sync light would go and you'd get DNS
lookups timing out (and it wouldnt say network cable unplugged). Check the
logs on the router (if it has them) and google for any flashes that fix this
.... else that router sounds a bit fubar.

Old December 19th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Gutz wrote:
"Andy & Kim" wrote in message

Hi, i have a Belkin wireless router and over the last month or so i keep
getting the message "local area connection network cable unplugged"
flashing up. this seems to be more in the evenings. The belkin box LAN
light also flashes off when the message appears.
Is this a problem with the BT side as i cant find any problems at my end?

Andy

The date is wrong in your PC clock.
Anywho, its not BTs light as the sync light would go and you'd get DNS
lookups timing out (and it wouldnt say network cable unplugged). Check the
logs on the router (if it has them) and google for any flashes that fix this
... else that router sounds a bit fubar.

I used to get this with my Belkin router intermittently. I think it was
to do with starting up file sharing programs. It always reconnected
again so I just ignored it. Possibly something to do with the firewall?
Haven't used p2p for a while. Last time I saw the message I think was
when I was uninstalling Norton or installing Zone Alarm.
Old December 19th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 19-Dec-2005, "Gutz" wrote:

"local area connection network cable unplugged"

Long shot but this might be a legacy generic message
meaning there is a problem on the LAN side, and since
in this case the LAN is whole or in part wireless, it might
mean the wireless link is being swamped by interference.
DECT phones, video senders, wireless security systems,
and the like.