Belkin MIMO Router

Old December 20th 05, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Belkin MIMO Router

Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent weeks
despite having flawless connections for over a year.

Ken

Old December 20th 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Wheatley

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent weeks
despite having flawless connections for over a year.

Ken

Mine behaves flawlessly, with a mix of 1 wired PC, a laptop with a Belkin
MIMO card, one with a BT 802.11g, a Dell notebook with a Centrino and a pair
of wireless printer servers, one 802.11b.

All weak spots in the house now getting good signal, as is the room above
the garage that was previously dead as a dodo. I've only had to reboot once
in several months - and I think the modem was the culprit in any case.

Another Ken

Old December 21st 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

"Ken Wheatley" wrote in message
"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent weeks
despite having flawless connections for over a year.

Ken

Mine behaves flawlessly, with a mix of 1 wired PC, a laptop with a Belkin
MIMO card, one with a BT 802.11g, a Dell notebook with a Centrino and a
pair of wireless printer servers, one 802.11b.

All weak spots in the house now getting good signal, as is the room above
the garage that was previously dead as a dodo. I've only had to reboot
once in several months - and I think the modem was the culprit in any
case.

Another Ken

So I don't need to buy new cards as well or do I?

First Ken

Old December 21st 05, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Wheatley

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message

Mine behaves flawlessly, with a mix of 1 wired PC, a laptop with a Belkin
MIMO card, one with a BT 802.11g, a Dell notebook with a Centrino and a
pair of wireless printer servers, one 802.11b.

All weak spots in the house now getting good signal, as is the room above
the garage that was previously dead as a dodo. I've only had to reboot
once in several months - and I think the modem was the culprit in any
case.

Another Ken

So I don't need to buy new cards as well or do I?

First Ken

No - all of our non-Belkin things are working as well as - indeed, better
than - they were before we upgraded the router.

PS By MIMO I'm assuming you mean the Pre-N?

Old December 21st 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:33:44 -0000, "Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent weeks
despite having flawless connections for over a year.

If its a v1, you can flash it with the equivalent linksys firmware. The
difference is well worth the effort, the recipe for doing so is on the
www.broadbandreports.com forums.

greg
--
"Access to a waiting list is not access to health care"
Old December 21st 05, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweetie Pooh

Greg Hennessy wrote in
:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:33:44 -0000, "Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent
weeks despite having flawless connections for over a year.

If its a v1, you can flash it with the equivalent linksys firmware.
The difference is well worth the effort, the recipe for doing so is on
the www.broadbandreports.com forums.

greg

Goto dslreports.com and find the belkin forum. There are some really
knowledgeable types there.

They do not recommend using the Linksys firmware, leads to a 30% drop in
throughput though others would say otherwise.

There is a possible issue with V2 of any mimo kit, belkin or linksys,
making it weaker than v1 especially for streamed connections.

I have a V1 (check the bottom V100x = v1, V200x = v2) with a belkin bridge
to connect PC and have had few problems.

There is a thread on dslreports Belkin disconnects from 'net. Maybe
there are solutions there.
Old December 21st 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:37:18 GMT, Tweetie Pooh wrote:

Greg Hennessy wrote in
:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:33:44 -0000, "Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:

Anyone got one of these and what do they think.
I have been having awful problems with broken connections in recent
weeks despite having flawless connections for over a year.

If its a v1, you can flash it with the equivalent linksys firmware.
The difference is well worth the effort, the recipe for doing so is on
the www.broadbandreports.com forums.

greg

Goto dslreports.com and find the belkin forum. There are some really
knowledgeable types there.

It's the same site IIRC.

They do not recommend using the Linksys firmware, leads to a 30% drop in
throughput though others would say otherwise.

Cant say I've noticed here TBH. That said, I am only running the client
side at 11g.

There is a possible issue with V2 of any mimo kit, belkin or linksys,
making it weaker than v1 especially for streamed connections.

Wouldnt surprise me.

The linksys firmware is worth it for snmp monitoring alone.

I have a V1 (check the bottom V100x = v1, V200x = v2) with a belkin bridge
to connect PC and have had few problems.

Running a V1 here, was getting sporadic disconnect problems with stock
belkin firmware until I flashed it with the 54gx firmware back last sept,
it has been stellar since.

greg
--
"Access to a waiting list is not access to health care"