7db attention

Old December 20th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default 7db attention

According to my new 3com wireless router, I have 7db attention on my line.

I'm assuming from what I seen online, that is a good figure. I ask as, I
was concerned some time back due to drop outs, that my ADSL line wasn't
very good. Since I have the new router, its the first time I've been able
to check the attention.

Incidentally, the line was noisy, and although BT said there was nothing
wrong with it, the line failed, I.E, no dialing tone or BB. BT replaced
some in the street box, its been good ever since.
Old December 20th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Rob wrote:
According to my new 3com wireless router, I have 7db attention on my
line.

I'm assuming from what I seen online, that is a good figure. I ask
as, I was concerned some time back due to drop outs, that my ADSL
line wasn't very good. Since I have the new router, its the first
time I've been able to check the attention.

Incidentally, the line was noisy, and although BT said there was
nothing wrong with it, the line failed, I.E, no dialing tone or BB.
BT replaced some in the street box, its been good ever since.

So BT fixed the line & now you've got new router, not one of the best as
the PSU's have been proved to cause problems. They even sent me one
though I never reported a problem with mine.....

So what's the problem & yes 7dB is good, if the reading is accurate.

Old December 20th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in :

So what's the problem & yes 7dB is good, if the reading is accurate.

The PSU lasted all of one day... Now I know why it was so cheap!

I was just curious about the attenuation; I'd convinced myself that my line
was crap.
Old December 20th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

wrote in :

So what's the problem & yes 7dB is good, if the reading is accurate.

The PSU lasted all of one day... Now I know why it was so cheap!

I was just curious about the attenuation; I'd convinced myself that
my line was crap.

If you had been monitoring the group you would have been warned about
3Com, you would have also had the answer for your question as well.

Mind you if you had a line fault (which apparently you did) then quite
possibly when they fixed that then it improved your attenuation as
well..

Oh.....next time buy Netgear, you know it makes sense........

Old December 20th 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default 7db attenuation

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in :

If you had been monitoring the group you would have been warned about
3Com,

Yeah, maybe I should have - I'm subscribed to so many groups I find it hard
to read all the posts.

then they fixed that then it improved your attenuation as
well..

I hope so.

Oh.....next time buy Netgear

I will - I was going to buy Netgear before I saw the 3Com, but I saw the
3Com in Staples with a PCMCIA and USB wireless card going for 69 quid. It
was an impulse buy to be honest.
Old December 20th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

wrote in :

If you had been monitoring the group you would have been warned about
3Com,

Yeah, maybe I should have - I'm subscribed to so many groups I find
it hard to read all the posts.

then they fixed that then it improved your attenuation as
well..

I hope so.

Oh.....next time buy Netgear

I will - I was going to buy Netgear before I saw the 3Com, but I saw
the 3Com in Staples with a PCMCIA and USB wireless card going for 69
quid. It was an impulse buy to be honest.

Don't worry, I did exactly the same, & at Staples as well, bought a
Logitech MX Lazer mouse at a very good price (ex display), didn't get a
PSU & I thought it was recharged vis the USB cradle.........

WRONGmind you I found a surplus to requirements plug top charger
which fits the bill, but I do wish Logitech were more forthcoming with
the information, emailed them well over 3 months ago & they still
haven't got back to me about the PSU specs...

If you really are going for Netgear I would personally not go for the
Netgear DG834GT as some do posters appear to be having problems with
them, I would go for the DG834PN. I'm using the wireless access point
version & it certainly has improved the wireless side of things for me.

Just a thought, for what it's worth...

Take care & have fun, it's what it's all about...

Old December 20th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in :

If you really are going for Netgear I would personally not go for the
Netgear DG834GT

I'll see how the 3Com goes - if it does turn out to be crap, Netgear here I
come.

I had been looking at the Netgear DG834G at PCWorld, but Staples happened
to be closer

Take care & have fun, it's what it's all about...

Cheers - have a nice Christmas...
Old December 21st 05, 02:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Your problem could be
Attention Deficit Syndrome on Line ;-)
Regards,
Martin

Old December 21st 05, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Kraftee:
Oh.....next time buy Netgear, you know it makes sense........

Only if you enjoy updating the firmware once a month...
Regards,
Martin

Old December 21st 05, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dudicous

Rob, you've made one mistake already, do not compound it by making
another!

Let me spell out the solution for you, D-R-A-Y-T-E-K