Wall mountable Netgear router?

Old December 22nd 05, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

Default Wall mountable Netgear router?

Wall mountable Netgear ADSL (no wireless) router. Does such a thing exist?
The DG834 doesn't appear to be.

Thanks,

Rupert

Old December 22nd 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Nelson

In article ,
"Rupert" writes:
Wall mountable Netgear ADSL (no wireless) router. Does such a thing exist?
The DG834 doesn't appear to be.

My DG834G(v1) has screw-slots on the underside. It isn't mounted on a wall,
but it could be.
--
SAm.
Old December 22nd 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"Sam Nelson" wrote in message

My DG834G(v1) has screw-slots on the underside. It isn't mounted on a
wall,
but it could be.

I haven't got one in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the v2 hasn't. They
must have done-away with that 'feature'!

Old December 22nd 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Rupert wrote:

"Sam Nelson" wrote in message

My DG834G(v1) has screw-slots on the underside. It isn't mounted on
a wall,
but it could be.

I haven't got one in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the v2 hasn't.
They must have done-away with that 'feature'!

Well, according to the description on the Dabs site
http://tinyurl.com/9yb44 it *is* wall-mountable.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old December 22nd 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rockit

"Rupert" wrote in message
Wall mountable Netgear ADSL (no wireless) router. Does such a thing exist?
The DG834 doesn't appear to be.

Thanks,

Rupert

I have mounted quite a few of these DG834G MkII units with doubled sided
sticky foam pads. No problems at all.

Old December 22nd 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message

Well, according to the description on the Dabs site
http://tinyurl.com/9yb44 it *is* wall-mountable.

It's wrong. I've just double-checked my own v2 and there's no wall
mountings.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Rupert wrote:
"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message

Well, according to the description on the Dabs site
http://tinyurl.com/9yb44 it *is* wall-mountable.

It's wrong. I've just double-checked my own v2 and there's no wall
mountings.

All their kit released after the advent of the DG834G appear to not
offer that facility, stupid as it may seem. I've got to wall mount one
of their Wireless Access Points in the new year, think I'll buy a couple
of dexian strips & cut & bend them to shape & use that as a cradle to do
so. Other posters seem to get away with a couple of cup hooks & a
strong elastic band..

Old December 23rd 05, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in message ...

All their kit released after the advent of the DG834G appear to not offer
that facility, stupid as it may seem. I've got to wall mount one of their
Wireless Access Points in the new year, think I'll buy a couple of dexian
strips & cut & bend them to shape & use that as a cradle to do so. Other
posters seem to get away with a couple of cup hooks & a strong elastic
band..

I used a packet of bluetack myself.
Its also good for holding HD in desktop cases.

Old December 23rd 05, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Rupert wrote:
: ...

: Well, according to the description on the Dabs site
: http://tinyurl.com/9yb44 it *is* wall-mountable.

: It's wrong. I've just double-checked my own v2 and there's no wall
: mountings.

I am pretty sure that my DG834GV2 came with a separate plastic wall mount
in the box (the mount screwed to the wall and then the router clipped to it as
I recall) - as I don't use it this way I will need to find the box to
check!
Old December 23rd 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

Brian McIlwrath wrote in
:

Rupert wrote:

Well, according to the description on the Dabs site
http://tinyurl.com/9yb44 it *is* wall-mountable.

It's wrong. I've just double-checked my own v2 and there's no wall
mountings.

I am pretty sure that my DG834GV2 came with a separate plastic wall
mount
in the box (the mount screwed to the wall and then the router clipped
to it as I recall) - as I don't use it this way I will need to find
the box to
check!

Those are just feet to stand it vertically on a desk. From memory, I don't
think there's anything on those feet where holes could be drilled to fasten
the feet to a wall so as to wall mount the router. And anyway, how securely
would the router be held into its feet: the last thing you'd want would be
for it to fall off in the dead of night!

It amazes me that companies actually make a conscious effort to redesign
something so as to remove a feature that has been present in previous
products, rather than only adding features as part of their "process of
continual improvement". It's the same with my VCR: the older one that I
bought, about 5 years ago, had the ability to record teletext subtitles and
to display the length and position of a recording in its tape library. When
I came to replace this VCR because it was "faulty" [1], I found that
Panasonic had removed these two features from all their current models -
why?

[1] Ironically, the fault seems to have gone away now after I took the VCR
into a shop and the technician pronounced it beyond economical repair
because a control chip had failed. I'm glad that I asked for it back because
I've not been able to reproduce the fault in the two years that I've had it
since then! Still, at least I've eneded up with two NICAM VHS recorders -
great for recording overlapping programmes or for copying tapes.