Cabinet Boxes in South Harrow

Old December 23rd 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Aosmosis

Default Cabinet Boxes in South Harrow

I was walking up Northolt Road in South Harrow, and noticed that the green
cabinet boxes were wide open.
Normally these were stuffed with wires, but this one seemed empty.

The first box I saw was just outside the police station in south harrow.
There was a NTL notice inside, but didnt want to look suspicious esp.
outside a cop shop so I didnt read it.

There was another cabinet box further up the road, and it too was wide open,
and all the wires from it gone.

Does anyone know why this is the case?

The NTL infrastructure in my area is very poor. I have been waiting for 16
years for cable, and NTL still fob me off saying that it will be there very
soon.

On another note BeThere ISP has delayed my order til March 2006. My exchange
is south harrow.

Anyone else get an email from Be regarding this?

Old December 23rd 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Stewart

"Aosmosis" wrote in message
I was walking up Northolt Road in South Harrow, and noticed that the green
cabinet boxes were wide open.
Normally these were stuffed with wires, but this one seemed empty.
The first box I saw was just outside the police station in south harrow.
There was a NTL notice inside, but didnt want to look suspicious esp.
outside a cop shop so I didnt read it.
There was another cabinet box further up the road, and it too was wide

open,
and all the wires from it gone.
Does anyone know why this is the case?

Scrap ? A bit unlikely, as the quantities of wire in a box seem well below
the risk of being caught nicking it.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old December 26th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
realradioham

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
Scrap ? A bit unlikely, as the quantities of wire in a box seem well
below
the risk of being caught nicking it.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

The NTL boxes often contain a large number of backup batteries, several
broken into around here.

rrh