Looking for an ISP with no caps

Old December 23rd 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim

Default Looking for an ISP with no caps

Hi,

Despite having a service that was supposed to be unlimited (tiscali), we now
discover that the service is infact a capped service (capped at 30GB). How
can an ISP claim to be selling an unlimited package when infact it has a
cap? Some weeks ago, they emailed me to say the service was now unlimited
and that the caps had been removed from my service and replaced by a Fair
Use Policy instead. Recently we have had emails saying we are now breaking
their Fair Use Policy.

So, we are now looking for a service that is truly unlimited, and not one
that is masquerading as unlimited when really it's not.

Any suggestions as to which company fits the bill, as I don't want to make
the same mistake twice, and neither do I need hassle all the time about how
and when I can use the service. Thanks for reading.

How does AOL fair as an ISP these days? Do they have a cap on their
unlimited packages too?

Old December 23rd 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected],uk

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:31:42 -0000, "Tim"
wrote:

So, we are now looking for a service that is truly unlimited, and not one
that is masquerading as unlimited when really it's not.

Demon

http://www.easynn.com
Old December 23rd 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

You could try www.hydrogene.co.uk

If you are migrating you escape the activation fee. It's not cheap, but it
is un-capped and is an ENTA product that has a good reputation and uk based
tech support.

John DH

Old December 23rd 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim

wrote:

So, we are now looking for a service that is truly unlimited, and not one
that is masquerading as unlimited when really it's not.

Demon

Would Demon be able to Migrate me from Datastream? Is that going to be an
issue?

Does have a normal 01 type number to ring deamon to discuss my options?

Thanks

Old December 23rd 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 23 Dec 2005 19:29, "Tim" wrote:

Would Demon be able to Migrate me from Datastream?
Is that going to be an issue?
Does have a normal 01 type number to ring deamon to discuss my options?

from the website... you'd find similar if you tried www.demon.net

or 0845 272 0040

I'm not a customer of Demon's, hence not trying to answer your Q's...

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4...
I save with Plus.Net on Broadband Plus at 14.99.
Old December 24th 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Briscoe

In message of Fri, 23 Dec
2005 15:37:53 in uk.telecom.broadband, writes
wrote:

So, we are now looking for a service that is truly unlimited, and not one
that is masquerading as unlimited when really it's not.

Demon

I have good past dial-up Demon experience. I recently reversed a
decision to use one of their broadband products.

I have been looking dor a broadband supplier for some time.
I rejected bulldog, eclipse, efh, pipex, plusnet, tesco, tiscali and
vispa and selected Demon because I was not comfortable with the price
premium for Zen and ignored reports that voice support had deteriorated
further following migration to India.
I 'phoned their sales line at the weekend and got no reply. I 'phoned at
08.10 on Monday and the connection attempt timed out. I tried to get the
line tested. BT put me through to THUS - who own Demon - and, at about
9.15, I got a call to say they start at 09.00 on Monday. Somebody would
call in about 10 minutes. There should be a message out of hours on
their sales line (0800 027 9604). Again, there is none today. Somebody
called back after 11.00. By then, I had signed up for Zen's 250 service
via 0845 058 9000 where I have just found a messaged, unstaffed, sales
line. OOPS! If it does not suit, I can easily migrate.
I hope to have a broadband service before the turn of the year.

YMMV. I have friends who would recommend plusnet, tesco and tiscali.
I am uncomfortable with capped services and expect occasional need of
voice customer support.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old December 24th 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
.. .
In message of Fri, 23 Dec
YMMV. I have friends who would recommend plusnet, tesco and tiscali.
I am uncomfortable with capped services and expect occasional need of
voice customer support.

Well plusnet also have a fair useage policy in place so that's it kicked
into the "capped" category. As for Tesco and Tiscali..... no comment
They're.... *BAD*

Old December 24th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Briscoe

In message of Sat, 24 Dec 2005
13:26:41 in uk.telecom.broadband, David Wade writes

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
. ..

[snip]

I have been looking dor a broadband supplier for some time.
I rejected bulldog, eclipse, efh, pipex, plusnet, tesco, tiscali and
vispa and selected Demon because I was not comfortable with the price

What was wrong with Eclipse. Its has an un-capped service and UK based call
centre..

ISTR it was a question of news access and that they advised giganews
which would have been the equivalent of another fiver a month.
--
Walter Briscoe