1899 Carrier Select Service

Old December 27th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GM

Default 1899 Carrier Select Service

Whenenever I try to join the 1899 Carrier Select service I get a response,
after about 10 minues, saying the service is over-subscribed and I should
try again in 6 weeks. This has been going on for over 6 months now, and I am
beginning to smell a rat.

Is this something to do with the fact that I am already subscribed to the
associated company 18866 ? (which being more expensive, doesn't want to
loose me?)

In which case, if I cancel my subscription to 18866 I guess I can subscribe
to 1899? Or is this not a good idea in the event 18866 has an indefinite
"waiting list" as well?.

(sorry in advance if these questions have come up before)

Old December 27th 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:07:12 UTC, "GM" wrote:

Whenenever I try to join the 1899 Carrier Select service I get a response,
after about 10 minues, saying the service is over-subscribed and I should
try again in 6 weeks. This has been going on for over 6 months now, and I am
beginning to smell a rat.

Answered in uk.telecom (it has nothing to do with broadband, anyway).

Please cross-post instead of multiposting.
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old December 27th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Whenenever I try to join the 1899 Carrier Select service I get a response,
after about 10 minues, saying the service is over-subscribed and I should
try again in 6 weeks. This has been going on for over 6 months now, and I
am beginning to smell a rat.

Is this something to do with the fact that I am already subscribed to the
associated company 18866 ? (which being more expensive, doesn't want to
loose me?)

In which case, if I cancel my subscription to 18866 I guess I can
subscribe to 1899? Or is this not a good idea in the event 18866 has an
indefinite "waiting list" as well?.

(sorry in advance if these questions have come up before)

Try registering again but with a different phone number (friend or
relatives). If successful just add your own number as an additional number
and you can delete the original one.

The number on the original application appears to have no special status.

The above certainly worked for me about a year ago when I was getting the
same email in response to an application using my home number.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 27th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Is this something to do with the fact that I am already subscribed to the
associated company 18866 ? (which being more expensive, doesn't want to
loose me?)

I tried to get the definitive answer to that very question using this NG
back in March.

See http://snipurl.com/l3c8

Let us know if using a 'virgin' number still works.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 27th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GM

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:07:12 UTC, "GM" wrote:

Whenenever I try to join the 1899 Carrier Select service I get a
response,
after about 10 minues, saying the service is over-subscribed and I should
try again in 6 weeks. This has been going on for over 6 months now, and I
am
beginning to smell a rat.

Answered in uk.telecom (it has nothing to do with broadband, anyway).

Please cross-post instead of multiposting.
euthanasia recommended. ]

Sorry, my mistake, the intention was to post on UK.Telecom