Datastream migration ?

Old December 27th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

Default Datastream migration ?

Who offers Datastream migration?

Is there a list anywhere?

Thanks

John

Old December 28th 05, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 27 Dec 2005 22:23, "John Stevens" wrote:

Who offers Datastream migration?

Is there a list anywhere?

Few ISPs using DataStream, so I assume you mean "who accepts a migration
*from* someone on a DataStream service ?" AFAIK all ISPs should be able
to accept such a migration, so who've you tried, and have any refused ?

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4...
I save with Plus.Net on Broadband Plus at 14.99.
Old December 28th 05, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

John Stevens wrote:
Who offers Datastream migration?

Is there a list anywhere?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

If your current provider will supply you with a MAC code then you should
be able to migrate across to PlusNet.

Kind Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old December 28th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
John Stevens wrote:
Who offers Datastream migration?

Is there a list anywhere?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

If your current provider will supply you with a MAC code then you should
be able to migrate across to PlusNet.

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen...................Broadband Solutions for
|Training...........................Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc.............................www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

Im looking for a service that is truly unlimited, ie I won't be constantly
worried about who is using the internet and when. My connection is
connected to a family network, so constant Fair Use policy warnings are not
welcome. I am currently using Tiscali and want to move for this reason. I
already have a MAC.

Old December 28th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:20:07 -0000, "John Stevens"
wrote:

I am currently using Tiscali and want to move for this reason. I
already have a MAC.

http://www.zenadsl.co.uk/
http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=migrating

Phil

Old December 28th 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Stevens

wrote:

I am currently using Tiscali and want to move for this reason. I
already have a MAC.

http://www.zenadsl.co.uk/
http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=migrating

Phil

I was rather considering moving to AOL, as I am a medium to heavy downloader
sometimes. Would AOL be the best for me Phil? Will AOL be able to migrate
me from Tiscali on Datastream ?

Thanks

John

Old December 28th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:19:21 -0000, "John Stevens"
wrote:

Would AOL be the best for me Phil?

best is a big word, they seem reasonable value for money in the "no
volume limits" sector but some others (eg Demon) are cheaper.

Will AOL be able to migrate
me from Tiscali on Datastream ?

they should be able to, but often these thnigs depend on the
individual agent you get.

http://www.aol.co.uk/products/campai...omoCode=228937

they don't list Tiscali as providing Macs on their "switcher" page,
but you have that laready so why not
call 0800 200 6280 and find out for free !

Phil

Old December 30th 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, John Stevens wrote:

Who offers Datastream migration?

Is there a list anywhere?

If you mean incoming migration then any ISP should be able to do it as the
actual conversion from datastream to ipstream (or vice versa) is handled
by BT wholesale.

We've been migration datastream customers in for months.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ 2Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98 / month