About blue yonder and broadband

Old December 29th 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default About blue yonder and broadband

http://blue-yonder.kwikfire.com

Old December 29th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://blue-yonder.kwikfire.com

It's blueyonder.

Correct.
The OP needs to edit the page accordingly

You're usin Tiscali?

I pity him ;o)

Can I add to that page that from experience and useage of their
'broadband' it can be a load of crap, where compared to usin ADSL such
as Wanadoo.

Hello Steve

Wanadoo is a constant 2MB connection

You got that joke out of a cracker, didnt you ?
Next year get some decent crackers ;o)

(soon to be upgraded to upto 8MB, next week)

Ya de ya "up to 8Mb" Zzzz

Is that before or after they drop the Wanadoo name? g

where blueyonder users are complainin that their 4MB/10MB
connections are nowhere near the 4MB/10MB mark.

Of course steve, of course.
Didn't Santa bring you a new drum to bang ?

Old December 29th 05, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Gzl wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

http://blue-yonder.kwikfire.com

It's blueyonder.
You're usin Tiscali?

Can I add to that page that from experience and useage of their
'broadband' it can be a load of crap, where compared to usin ADSL such
as Wanadoo.
Wanadoo is a constant 2MB connection (soon to be upgraded to upto 8MB,
next week) where blueyonder users are complainin that their 4MB/10MB
connections are nowhere near the 4MB/10MB mark.

In my experience Blueyonder is an excellent ISP. I'm only on the 4Mb
service. No caps, reasonable newsgroup server (compared to most other
ISPs anyway...).

I don't use their mail servers though, so I have no idea if they're good
or bad.

--
Paul
Old December 29th 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Gzl wrote:

Steve?

I think someone is confusing you with me.

Steve

Old December 29th 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Gzl wrote:
"Silk" wrote in message

Gzl wrote:

Steve?

I think someone is confusing you with me.

Steve

I know...
How am I sposed to take him seriously, and expect me to think he knows
what he's talkin about, when he doesn't even know who he's talkin to?

Gizmo... shud be Notgotacluemo.

I've just been looking on b.y.d.gen - I might pop in later, to say
hello. :-)
Old December 29th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Gzl wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message

In my experience Blueyonder is an excellent ISP. I'm only on the 4Mb
service. No caps, reasonable newsgroup server (compared to most other
ISPs anyway...).

I don't use their mail servers though, so I have no idea if they're
good or bad.

I've tried a couple of puters with a BY connection, and compared to my
connection they are really slow and unreliable.
Web is a lot slower, and when usin Grabit for Usenet, I can download at
the full 2MB speed (around 250kbs)

Newsleecher easily maxes out my connection here (from the BY news
server, I only rarely connect to a Claranet newsserver for missing
parts). BY internet has been 100% reliable for me. I had a problem
recently with my phone line (internet was OK) and a tech came on a
Sunday to fix it (there was a broken cable somewhere).

I'm not saying the BY news server is perfect. It's far from: only a
couple of days retention, many incompletes, but 99% of the time I can
recover using the PARs. On the bright side, it's free (well, not
free, but you know what I mean).

It's sposed to be a Cable connection, so you wud expect to get the full
10MBs, not half or a quarter of it as you wud if it was ADSL.

I assure you *I* get my full speed (4Mbs).

In the BY support groups it seems a lot of people on the 10Mb service
with speed problems have routers with 10Mbs ports... (which of course
can't handle 10Mbs...)

--
Paul
Old December 29th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Cable works in a way where you are more likely to see contention than ADSL.
With ADSL the exchange is contended and so is the network. With cable the
street, the node and the network can be contended. Localised speed problems
will be more common with cable and is one disadvantage compared to ADSL.

Dan

Old December 30th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

[snip]

I get a constant 2MB connection.
Before that it was a constant 1MB connection.
The next upgrade I no doubt that'll be a faultless and
constant connection too.

(soon to be upgraded to upto 8MB, next week)

Ya de ya "up to 8Mb" Zzzz

Is that before or after they drop the Wanadoo name? g

Before...
it's happenin next week.

Where..? No mention of it happening where I am yet.

I wonder if they'll change my username again like they did when I went
from 512kb to 1Mb and then again from 1 to 2Mb..?

I couldn't connect for 3 days afterwards until I realised what they'd
done.

Ivor

Old December 30th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Before...
it's happenin next week.

Where..? No mention of it happening where I am yet.

I wonder if they'll change my username again like they
did when I went from 512kb to 1Mb and then again from 1
to 2Mb..?

I couldn't connect for 3 days afterwards until I
realised what they'd done.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/8meg.htm

Mine's bein upgraded the 3rd Jan.

My area isn't listed, although the neighbouring exchange 3 miles up the
road is. All that site tells me is "we'll tell you when" which doesn't
help much..!

Ivor

Old December 30th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

My area isn't listed, although the neighbouring
exchange 3 miles up the road is. All that site tells me
is "we'll tell you when" which doesn't help much..!

My contract with em ends the same time.
I'll wait to see what speed I get, and then start lookin
around for another ISP if they don't raise the monthly
caps to go with the upgraded speeds.

Caps don't bother me as I never use more than 2Gb anyway. I'm more
interested in the speed for its own sake rather than downloading gigabytes
of music or whatever.

Ivor