Escape from Tiscali

Old December 29th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marc B

Default Escape from Tiscali

Afternoon all,

Further to yesterday's post (Tiscali MAC) I contacted Tiscali, received a
MAC within 30 minutes and have now signed up with PlusNet. If any other
Tiscalies read this you now know that escape is possible.

Marc

Old December 29th 05, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
keymaster

"Marc B" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

Further to yesterday's post (Tiscali MAC) I contacted Tiscali, received a
MAC within 30 minutes and have now signed up with PlusNet. If any other
Tiscalies read this you now know that escape is possible.

Marc

Hi
I am with plusnet and the words fire and fryingpan spring to mind.
good luck
Roy

Old December 29th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"keymaster" wrote in message
Hi
I am with plusnet and the words fire and fryingpan spring to mind.
good luck
Roy

I'm with PlusNet also, and I would say that in general things are fine.
Couldn't access a particular website, but otherwise, everything is fine
especially upload/download speeds - very fast!

AMO

Old December 29th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

"keymaster" wrote in message

"Marc B" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

Further to yesterday's post (Tiscali MAC) I contacted Tiscali, received a
MAC within 30 minutes and have now signed up with PlusNet. If any other
Tiscalies read this you now know that escape is possible.

Marc

Hi
I am with plusnet and the words fire and fryingpan spring to mind.
good luck
Roy

Well I must say that my 11 referrals and myself have found no problems with
plusnet, so I`m
not sure as to why you should have a problem? Hope I`m not tempting fate!
Fred

Old December 29th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:41:14 -0000, Marc B wrote:

Further to yesterday's post (Tiscali MAC) I contacted Tiscali, received a
MAC within 30 minutes and have now signed up with PlusNet. If any other
Tiscalies read this you now know that escape is possible.

Congratulations :-)

Your next step will be trying to get Tiscali to stop billing you. Took me
nearly a year after I left them :-(
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old December 29th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
keymaster

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in message ...
keymaster wrote:
"Marc B" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

Further to yesterday's post (Tiscali MAC) I contacted Tiscali,
received a MAC within 30 minutes and have now signed up with
PlusNet. If any other Tiscalies read this you now know that escape
is possible. Marc

Hi
I am with plusnet and the words fire and fryingpan spring to mind.
good luck
Roy

Beat me to it.....

Hi
Glad your all happy, hope you continue to be, but if you look on the
discussion forums on the portal, plusnetters or the forums on adslguide you
will find many previously happy customers on there who are now sick of
"traffic shaping, throttling, terms and condition changes and peak time
arrangements all brought in since 2004. All I can say is if you like it now
you would have loved it 18 months ago.
best wishes.
Roy

Old December 29th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

[...]

Well my dozen referrals are all happy as am I. The trouble is that the
dissatisfied few have very large mouths and a very tenuous grasp of
commercial reality. The percentage of malcontents being considerably less
than 1% of the user base.

Peter Crosland

Old December 29th 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

Hi
I am with plusnet and the words fire and fryingpan spring to mind.
good luck
Roy

Beat me to it.....

Hi
Glad your all happy, hope you continue to be, but if you look on the
discussion forums on the portal, plusnetters or the forums on adslguide
you will find many previously happy customers on there who are now sick of
"traffic shaping, throttling, terms and condition changes and peak time
arrangements all brought in since 2004. All I can say is if you like it
now you would have loved it 18 months ago.
best wishes.
Roy

I`ve been with plusnet for nearly 3 years, yes I do read the various forums
where plusnet are slated, this concerns me as I keep wondering as to what`s
round the corner. All I can say is I browse the web download what I want,
admittedly not p2p, and it just works. Whenever I speak to my referrals I
ask how their broadbands going, they say fine. So why a do we have such
different experiences
with plusnet?
Fred

Old December 29th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I`ve been with plusnet for nearly 3 years, yes I do read the various
forums
where plusnet are slated, this concerns me as I keep wondering as to
what`s round the corner. All I can say is I browse the web download what I
want, admittedly not p2p, and it just works. Whenever I speak to my
referrals I ask how their broadbands going, they say fine. So why a do we
have such different experiences
with plusnet?

Fred

Because 99.5% of the users are happy.