Good news for broadband in Scotland

Old December 29th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Troll Hunter

Default Good news for broadband in Scotland

"The Scottish Executive has issued a press release detailing how every
community in Scotland now has access to broadband.

Things all started happening in April 2005, when a contract was signed with
BT after an open procurement exercise, that saw ADSL broadband being brought
to 378 exchanges in rural and remote areas.

These were exchanges that BT and other providers had failed to bring
broadband to under purely commercial terms previously. There is one exchange
that is running on an interim broadband solution at Foula in the Shetland
Isles.

There is 21 exchange areas in the Western Isles that are covered by a
separate project called Connected Communities, service from this scheme can
be ordered at www.hebrides.net."

more on this at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2496

--
Bah Humbug

Old December 30th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

At what expense to taxpayers, and not just Scots ones!

The English taxpayers of course have a smaller share of Gordon Brown's
largesse/cake than any other Region of UK & N Ireland.

Old December 31st 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:59:59 GMT, Walt
wrote:

Shut up. You lot have been stealing our oil and gas for years.

we funded the exploration and production, and if you extend the
boundaries in the internationally accepted manner you'll find most of
it is ours in any case :-)

Phil

Old January 1st 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

To all:

Ok so it might have cost the english taxpayers a bit so us backward
Scots could get access to broadband. Shucks doesnt that just suck for
you.

Perhaps thats just us getting a bit back for the amount we payed to
fund, for example, the millemium dome, the millenium bridge, the
millenium wheel and just about all the other bl00dy useless things we
have had to subsidise for our southern neighbours SINCE THE DAWN OF
TIME!.

My advice, stop whining, the oil and gas are not and never have been
yours and its a fact that our country is individually richer than yours
in any case so there :-)

I bet you are all even convinced that England will win the world cup
this year?

Bloody typical!

Old January 1st 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Gow do you figure you have a smaller share? Perhaps you are getting
confused and mean "share per head"?

But with over 50 million people more than Scotland that should just
about be right.

Given there are more people in Greater London than in the whole of
Scotland as a country perhaps it would be fairer to do a cost per head
for all those folks? Can you say millenium dome, millenium wheel,
millenium bridge and all that other nonsense.

Personall I think the Scottish parliament over spend was planned from
the start by some very humorous Scots. Lets spend 10 times what we said
we would, claw a little back from them robbers!!

:-)

Old January 1st 06, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
oups.com...
To all:

Ok so it might have cost the english taxpayers a bit so us backward
Scots could get access to broadband. Shucks doesnt that just suck for
you.

Perhaps thats just us getting a bit back for the amount we payed to
fund, for example, the millemium dome, the millenium bridge, the
millenium wheel and just about all the other bl00dy useless things we
have had to subsidise for our southern neighbours SINCE THE DAWN OF
TIME!.

My advice, stop whining, the oil and gas are not and never have been
yours and its a fact that our country is individually richer than yours
in any case so there :-)

The oil and gas aren't Scotlands.
If you draw the boundaries correctly you will find theat most belong to
England and the rest to the Isles.
I doubt if they would want you Scotts getting their oil.

As it is we have to suffer from your Scottish PM.

Old January 2nd 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Sorry I forgot everything belongs to England. My mistake.

Tony Blair Scottish? You are having a giraffe surely? Just because he
was born in Edinburgh does not make him a Scot. Were he a Scot he would
not be the prime minister of Britain. No "proper" Scot would ever call
themselves such.

Nice dodge on the amount the Scottish tax payers had to spend on
Englands nonsensical purchases by the way. Bravo!

"If you draw the boundaries correctly you will find theat most belong
England and the rest to the Isles."

Is that like "If you draw the boundaries correctly Northern Ireland
actually belongs to England and the USA is yours cos you settled there
first, honest Guv".

Nonsense!

Old January 3rd 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
muzz

Vhit wrote:

Red hair and a jaggy bunnet :-))

Haad oan a minute. It wiz Jeezus hud the jaggy bunnet wiz it no ?

--
Muzz
http://highlandmist.blogspot.com

Old January 7th 06, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Lynas

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
At what expense to taxpayers, and not just Scots ones!

The English taxpayers of course have a smaller share of Gordon

Brown's
largesse/cake than any other Region of UK & N Ireland.

That would be the United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern
Ireland