What is the preferred MTU size for Pipex ADSL?

Old December 30th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default What is the preferred MTU size for Pipex ADSL?

What is the preferred MTU size for Pipex ADSL?
--
Chris
Old December 31st 05, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
What is the preferred MTU size for Pipex ADSL?
--
Chris

Hi Chris,

I can't speak specifically for Pipex, but for me on PlusNet I've always
found that an MTU of 1430 and RWIN of 13900 (on 512), 27800 (on 1Mbps) or
55600 (on 2Mbps) seems to work best. Others have posted different figures.
One of our customers has a good reference site

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/tweak.htm

--
With Regards,

Dave,