Help

Old January 4th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JR

Default Help

Can anyone help. My daughter has a tiscali and speedtouch modem with brand
new Dell. Did work once in last month but nothing since.

Phone company blame tiscali and dell, dell blame tiscali and tiscali blame
dell! Oftel were rang and worked next day but not ever again.

Can anyone help

Old January 4th 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 04/01/2006 14:00, JR wrote:
Can anyone help. My daughter has a tiscali and speedtouch modem with brand
new Dell. Did work once in last month but nothing since.

Phone company blame tiscali and dell, dell blame tiscali and tiscali blame
dell! Oftel were rang and worked next day but not ever again.

Can anyone help

What exactly is the problem you are having ?

Will the PC recognise the modem ? Is the correct drivers/software
installed ?

If you get some more information, I'm sure someone can try and help you
resolve the issues.
Old January 4th 06, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

JR wrote:
Can anyone help. My daughter has a tiscali and speedtouch modem with brand
new Dell. Did work once in last month but nothing since.

Phone company blame tiscali and dell, dell blame tiscali and tiscali blame
dell! Oftel were rang and worked next day but not ever again.

Can anyone help

Almost certainly not, without a lot more information.

Such as,

What problems are you getting?
Does the computer display error messages? If so what do the error
messages say, verbatim, it's important.
Does the computer recognise the modem?
How is the computer connected to the modem?
How is the phone line connected to the modem?

there are many other questions ....

--
The Caretaker .........
Old January 4th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Can anyone help. My daughter has a tiscali and speedtouch modem with brand
new Dell. Did work once in last month but nothing since.
Phone company blame tiscali and dell, dell blame tiscali and tiscali blame
dell! Oftel were rang and worked next day but not ever again.

When you reboot the PC with the modem plugged in, does the modem have
any lights on ?

Do they flash, is one on constantly ?

Do you have any other USB devices plugged in ? - Speedtouch modems are
known to pull a lot of power, and some motherboards will shut down the
USB port to protect themselves - so if you have other stuff plugged
into the USB try booting up without them !

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****