Metronet - oh dear....

Old January 4th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Metronet - oh dear....

As a happy Metronet customer I'm not pleased to recive an email from
them outlining the 'changes' they are gonna introduce....

"In mid January we'll be introducing some new terms and conditions
which we will email to you. You'll have 14 days to accept the new
T&Cs or you'll be able to migrate away to another ISP if you wish."

Sounds like they are already prepared for the bad reaction.......

Also

"Where customers are using very high amounts of bandwidth above the
product design we'll introduce network management for those
customers at peak time so their usage does not affect yours."

Plusnet?

If want to go what are they gonna do about the huge fee I paid for 16
ip's? Constructive dismissal anyone!!??

Steve

Old January 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Steve wrote:
As a happy Metronet customer I'm not pleased to recive an email from
them outlining the 'changes' they are gonna introduce....

"In mid January we'll be introducing some new terms and conditions
which we will email to you. You'll have 14 days to accept the new
T&Cs or you'll be able to migrate away to another ISP if you wish."

Sounds like they are already prepared for the bad reaction.......

Also

"Where customers are using very high amounts of bandwidth above the
product design we'll introduce network management for those
customers at peak time so their usage does not affect yours."

Plusnet?

If want to go what are they gonna do about the huge fee I paid for 16
ip's? Constructive dismissal anyone!!??

I am so glad I did not migrate to Metronet. The announcement that they had
been bought by Plusnet came just a few days before I was going to start the
migration. Watch out for the throttling of news, in house and external.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old January 4th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Steve wrote:
As a happy Metronet customer I'm not pleased to recive an email from
them outlining the 'changes' they are gonna introduce....

"In mid January we'll be introducing some new terms and conditions
which we will email to you. You'll have 14 days to accept the new
T&Cs or you'll be able to migrate away to another ISP if you wish."

Sounds like they are already prepared for the bad reaction.......

Also

"Where customers are using very high amounts of bandwidth above the
product design we'll introduce network management for those
customers at peak time so their usage does not affect yours."

Plusnet?

If want to go what are they gonna do about the huge fee I paid for 16
ip's? Constructive dismissal anyone!!??

Makes me glad I jumped ship already, almost as soon as the Plusnet
takeover was announced. I did wonder if I was being rather paranoid
as Metronet had been excellent since I started with them in May.

--
Chris Green

Old January 4th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TP

And: am I beng paranoid, or did this group disappear off Metronet's
news server around the time of the takeover? I've just had to sign up
to Google to find you lot in here

Old January 4th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

TP wrote:
And: am I beng paranoid, or did this group disappear off Metronet's
news server around the time of the takeover? I've just had to sign up
to Google to find you lot in here

I am reading using the Plusnet server.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old January 5th 06, 07:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:15:04 -0800, TP wrote:

And: am I beng paranoid, or did this group disappear off Metronet's
news server around the time of the takeover? I've just had to sign up
to Google to find you lot in here

I am reading this group on Metronets news service, which actually is/was
provided by Supernews I think.

Dave

Old January 5th 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TP

Bizarre. This - and several other groups - disappeared from the list in OE
at the same time.

Having had good news from you two, I've reset the list of groups and it's
reappeared.

Marvellous. Faith restored. Sure they're very nice people

Old January 8th 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

TP wrote:

disappeared from the list in OE at the same time.

Over the years, it seems MS OE is common to many such comments
while the news server tends to be blamed initially. Peter M.