Plusnet - crap

Old January 5th 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Default Plusnet - crap

They've started throttling my connection. I cant be dealing with 5Kb/s on
torrents. I download/upload roughly 40Gb a month, which while higher than
average hardly constitutes as abusing the system!

Any know of another ISP which either has a high cap or no cap but do not
throttle!!

Thankyou

Dan

Old January 5th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

"Daniel" wrote:

I download/upload roughly 40Gb a month, which while higher than
average hardly constitutes as abusing the system!

I am wondering what 1/30th of a 2Mbit connection would amount to in a
month.

cu

mgk
--
WYTYSYDG - What you thought you saw, you didn't get.
Old January 5th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:12:36 +0000, Daniel wrote:

They've started throttling my connection. I cant be dealing with 5Kb/s on
torrents. I download/upload roughly 40Gb a month, which while higher than
average hardly constitutes as abusing the system!

Any know of another ISP which either has a high cap or no cap but do not
throttle!!

Thankyou

Dan

AOL.. according to the adverts on tv.

Dave

Old January 5th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

"keymaster" wrote in message

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:12:36 +0000, Daniel wrote:

They've started throttling my connection. I cant be dealing with 5Kb/s

on
torrents. I download/upload roughly 40Gb a month, which while higher

than
average hardly constitutes as abusing the system!

Any know of another ISP which either has a high cap or no cap but do

not
throttle!!

Thankyou

Dan

AOL.. according to the adverts on tv.

Hi
Zen or IDnet
cheers

Lots of old Plusnet customers over at Zen now.

Check it out for yourself:
http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/

Old January 5th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Markus G. Klötzer" wrote

I am wondering what 1/30th of a 2Mbit connection would amount to in a
month.

I make it about three and a half gig - give or take - but discussing
contention whilst ignoring sample distribution makes this somewhat
meaningless. This is especially so when alluding to a sample size of one!

Perhaps +Net (and others) should offer a refuind at the end of the month to
those who have UNDERUSED their connections!

- Mike

Old January 5th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

"Mike H" wrote:

I am wondering what 1/30th of a 2Mbit connection would amount to in a
month.

I make it about three and a half gig - give or take

that little? I download at about 1/20 - 1/10 of capacity *when* I
download anything - and I managed to get more than that in peak
downloads

cu

mgk
--
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill
by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do!
Old January 5th 06, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

"Mike H" wrote:

Perhaps +Net (and others) should offer a refuind at the end of the month to
those who have UNDERUSED their connections!

my thought is more to those who by throttling are not even able to
reach contention level

cu

mgk
--
Wrappers are futile.
Chocolate will be assimilated.
Old January 5th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

It's Me wrote:
"keymaster" wrote in message

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:12:36 +0000, Daniel wrote:

They've started throttling my connection. I cant be dealing with
5Kb/s on torrents. I download/upload roughly 40Gb a month, which
while higher than average hardly constitutes as abusing the system!

Any know of another ISP which either has a high cap or no cap but
do not throttle!!

Thankyou

Dan

AOL.. according to the adverts on tv.

Hi
Zen or IDnet
cheers

Lots of old Plusnet customers over at Zen now.

Check it out for yourself:
http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/

My migration to Zen should have completed by tomorrow night.

More expensive but methinks you get what you pay for.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old January 5th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Old Codger" wrote in message
My migration to Zen should have completed by tomorrow night.

More expensive but methinks you get what you pay for.

--
Old Codger

But that's the whole point. PlusNet users pay between £15-£22. Zen users
pay almost £30.

PlusNet users look for value and are not users that drain the service so
that its detrimental to others.
Zen internet expect users to be using a higher volume of available bandwidth
hence the extra 50-100% cost.

We don't need to argue this point. Both parties are happy with the
different services available.

I don't want to be subsidising you on PlusNet. You moving to Zen is good
for you because you don't get anyone prioritising your internet use; Zen are
happy because they have a customer willing to pay almost twice what he is
paying on PlusNet; I am happy because you're not hogging PlusNet bandwidth.
We're all happy!

AMO