XP + Alcatel modem (300) + auto=-reconnect

Old January 6th 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default XP + Alcatel modem (300) + auto=-reconnect

Hi,

Before I consider a router, I wonder if anyone if using an Alcatel 300
modem (or speedtouch) on XP and has successful auto-reconnect when a
disconenct occurs?

It was suggested that ADSL modems often do not reconnect, with people
having to restart the computer to be able to logon successfully (I
can log back on, but if does not work properly - no net, no ping,
logoff/on, replug the modem, etc, all no good) - but a restart works.