Reccomend Me A Modem/Router Please!

Old January 6th 06, 02:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Reccomend Me A Modem/Router Please!

My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something else.
I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT firewall that
allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a good reliable
model?
Thanks in advance

Old January 6th 06, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something
else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT
firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a
good reliable model?

Draytek 2800.

Peter Crosland

Old January 6th 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Netgear

Old January 6th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Phil wrote:
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for
something else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box
with a NAT firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you
guys recommend as a good reliable model?
Thanks in advance

Cheap, Netgear, mid price Draytek, top price Cisco 837....

Old January 6th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Phil" wrote in message
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something
else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT
firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a
good reliable model?

I believe Belkin modem/routers have lifetime warranties on them - as such if
you contact Belkin they will swop yours for a new one.

Regards
Sunil

Old January 6th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Phil wrote:
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something else.
I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT firewall that
allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a good reliable
model?
Thanks in advance

It's probably just the PSU. Mine went, so I used an old laptop PSU and
it's worked fine ever since.
Old January 7th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Ouzzi

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:55:36 -0000, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something
else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT
firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a
good reliable model?

I believe Belkin modem/routers have lifetime warranties on them - as such if
you contact Belkin they will swop yours for a new one.

Regards
Sunil

Obviously NEVER tried to contact Belkin and get a result then !!
Old January 8th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tickettyboo

In ,
Sunil Sood whispered softly in my ear...:
"Phil" wrote in message
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something
else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT
firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend
as a good reliable model?

I believe Belkin modem/routers have lifetime warranties on them - as
such if you contact Belkin they will swop yours for a new one.

I can confirm that as a friend did that recently. Router was dead, they
phoned Belkin uk, were told to pack it up and return it and they had a
brand spanking new one about a week later.

--
Ticketty▀║║

Old January 8th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dudicous

Sunil Sood wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message
My old Belkin modem/router has gone pop and I'm looking for something
else. I just need a modem and router (4 port) in one box with a NAT
firewall that allows port forwarding. What would you guys recommend as a
good reliable model?

I believe Belkin modem/routers have lifetime warranties on them - as such if
you contact Belkin they will swop yours for a new one.

Regards
Sunil

You'll get sick of swapping them every two weeks - not joking!!!!