Inexq Wireless Modem Router

Old January 6th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Pollard

Default Inexq Wireless Modem Router

I have just bought an integrated Wireless Modem Router manufactured by
Inexq and am having some problems accessing the setup screens. I have
two conflicting ip addresses for logging into the device http://10.0.0.2
and http://192.168.16.1 I also have a few conflicting passwords and
usernames. The default username always seems to be admin but the default
passwords are given as admin or epicrouter. Needless to say neither of
these options work. The support desk doesn't open until 10.00am on
Monday morning so I was wondering if anyone out there could shed some
light on my problems. Any help appreciated.

Ian
Old January 7th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Ian Pollard wrote:
I have just bought an integrated Wireless Modem Router manufactured by
Inexq and am having some problems accessing the setup screens. I have
two conflicting ip addresses for logging into the device http://10.0.0.2
and http://192.168.16.1 I also have a few conflicting passwords and
usernames. The default username always seems to be admin but the default
passwords are given as admin or epicrouter. Needless to say neither of
these options work. The support desk doesn't open until 10.00am on
Monday morning so I was wondering if anyone out there could shed some
light on my problems. Any help appreciated.

Ian

Try http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1, it's more likely to
be one of these than 192.168.16.1. The username is admin, the
password could be blank, admin or epicrouter.
Old January 7th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Trevor wrote:

Try http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1, it's more likely to be one
of these than 192.168.16.1. The username is admin, the password could
be blank, admin or epicrouter.

Should of told you to plug your computer in and then do an
ipconfig from a command prompt. Address of router will be the
default gateway.

ie. Start - Run, type cmd hit enter, type ipconfig in command
prompt window, hit enter.

Output should be as below.

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Address of default gateway is the router ip.

Old January 8th 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Pollard

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:18:01 +0000, Trevor
wrote:

Trevor wrote:

Try http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1, it's more likely to be one
of these than 192.168.16.1. The username is admin, the password could
be blank, admin or epicrouter.

Many thanks for the help. I managed to do a hardware reset to restore
everything to factory defaults and got the default password to work OK.
All now set up and just about working. One problem is how to configure
the firewall within the router. I need to learn fast in order to
maintain security. Thanks again.

Ian