PlusNet whingers

Old January 8th 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default PlusNet whingers

Before I joined Plusnet about August 2005 timeframe the only posts I saw
were plusnet subscribers eulogising about what a great ISP Plusnet was and
oh do please use me as your referrer and I might get a few pence back
pplleeaasee....come on in the water's luverly!

As soon as I subscribed it's absolute '****'....or at least that is what
they say has happened.

I have to admire the tenacity of all posters (actually I don't!) who either
have an axe to grind or who haven't but are standing up for the right of
other whingers that they can grind their axe til the cows come home. Frankly
it's boring filtering through crap trying to mine some useful gem that
someone posts.

Maybe all the capped whingeing users (plusnet or otherwise) could set up
their own ISP let's say 'Uncapped.Net' and screw each other and haggle
about what is a fair limit (oh but then they would be back into a capped
issue ..the only trouble is they wouldn't be able to nick bandwidth from the
others because the other volume users would whinge that they too expect
their Gigabytes pound of flesh for 20 odd squids a month)

....and hopefully this lot would disappear and maybe this usenet newsgroup
might become helpful again...I somehow doubt it. Oh and I expect all those
non-complaining but nevertheless whinger supporters to back me to the hilt
after all I have a right to whinge too!

Yours
Hadenuff
Somerset

Old January 8th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:02:18 UTC, "
wrote:

Before I joined Plusnet about August 2005 timeframe the only posts I saw
were plusnet subscribers eulogising about what a great ISP Plusnet was and
oh do please use me as your referrer and I might get a few pence back
pplleeaasee....come on in the water's luverly!

As soon as I subscribed it's absolute '****'....or at least that is what
they say has happened.

I think that Plusnet *should* be limiting heavy users unless they pay a
premium.

What I object to (on behalf of clients, I don't use them) Is that they
change the rules, don't tell people, and then deny they've done it. Or
change T&Cs on the fly.
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old January 8th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:02:18 UTC, "
wrote:

Before I joined Plusnet about August 2005 timeframe the only posts
I saw were plusnet subscribers eulogising about what a great ISP
Plusnet was and oh do please use me as your referrer and I might
get a few pence back pplleeaasee....come on in the water's luverly!

As soon as I subscribed it's absolute '****'....or at least that
is what they say has happened.

I think that Plusnet *should* be limiting heavy users unless they
pay a premium.

What I object to (on behalf of clients, I don't use them) Is that
they change the rules, don't tell people, and then deny they've
done it. Or change T&Cs on the fly.

You forgot one thing Bob, they also back date the changes so some
users have been penalised for their usage during a period that didn't
have the conditions put on them (until afterwards of course).

That's what's really starting to stick in my craw, that & the fact
that even when you point out to them that something isn't going to
work & they blithely tell you, no they insist, it will work & then it
falls flat on it's face & is rapidly withdrawn as has happened at
least once over the last 6 months..

They just appear to have lost direction & to the OP, if enough users
leave you may become part of the mythical 1% of users who are causing
all the problems. Well PN keep saying they are going to deal with the
1% of users causing all the problems & then state later that it's
another 1% of users causing the problems

Old January 8th 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

wrote:

[...]

Pardon me, but you are trying to legitimize illegal business
practice here.

They no right to sell a capped service and call it
broadband internet or any other type of internet service.

They can market it as capped narrowband or some other
crap because they are stealing from those who offer
genuine broadband. Its false and illegal marketing on
their part and takes away from those who market genuine
services.

Good day!

Old January 8th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:02:18 UTC, "
wrote:

Before I joined Plusnet about August 2005 timeframe the only posts I saw
were plusnet subscribers eulogising about what a great ISP Plusnet was
and oh do please use me as your referrer and I might get a few pence back
pplleeaasee....come on in the water's luverly!

As soon as I subscribed it's absolute '****'....or at least that is what
they say has happened.

I think that Plusnet *should* be limiting heavy users unless they pay a
premium.

What I object to (on behalf of clients, I don't use them) Is that they
change the rules, don't tell people, and then deny they've done it. Or
change T&Cs on the fly.

Oh and I thought you only whined whenever the ****e gets kicked out
of BT$ and come running to cry here to defend them with
your croc o dial tears...

Old January 8th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:27:53 UTC, 7
wrote:

What I object to (on behalf of clients, I don't use them) Is that they
change the rules, don't tell people, and then deny they've done it. Or
change T&Cs on the fly.

Oh and I thought you only whined whenever the ****e gets kicked out
of BT$ and come running to cry here to defend them with
your croc o dial tears...

Give the message ID of a posting where I've done that. Oh, you
won't...see below.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old January 8th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:25:17 GMT, [7] said :-

wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - you are seriously living on dangerous
ground here Slick. Your possible libel could well get you into
trouble, not to mention your ISP. Unless you really want BY to
investigate your actions and words, I suggest you stfu or put up.
Old January 9th 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yealand Conyers

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:14:16 +0000, Spin Dryer wrote:

snip

Sheesh, it's no wonder you're largly ignored in nanae. I'm taking
their advice, & doing the same.

--
Fed up with spammers? In the EU? Claim!
http://spamlegalaction.pbwiki.com/
Old January 9th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 01:30:55 UTC, "James"
wrote:

The only problem is that what is a "heavy downloader"? Plusnet say that we
are allowed to download 100Gb a month (of which only 30 can be peak time)
before they are upset and start to warn you about your downloading. The
problem people have is that they are choosing HOW you can use that 100Gb
useage.

I suggest that the following may be the most accurate way of determining
PlusNet's current policy, and how much you are allowed to download, and
when you are likely to be throttled :-) .....

http://man.netbsd.se/?find=pom+6+20
euthanasia recommended. ]