Am I crazy?? BB AOL Support

Old January 8th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Default Am I crazy?? BB AOL Support

I had an issue with a aol broadband customer, regular loss of sync, the
master socket was in the loft, and not accesible, leaving the situation a
bit flaky.

He has had the issue for a long time, the odd loss of sync, normally works
fine, his connection was showing as 2meg.

Thought, well since he has a 2mb connection, and he only uses the net for
web browsing, he would much rather have a steady 1mb or 512k service then an
unstable 2mb service. Give Aol a ring, see if they can downgrade his
connection.

Aol tell me he is already on a 512 (silver) service., and as such they cant
downgrade it any further. Now I understand that the throttling down the
512k happens further down the line, but surely the lack of sync between the
customer and the exchange is due to the 2mb connection, and a 1mb connection
(still throttled to 512k) would be an easy solution to a a line with high
attenuation?????

Am I cray, of I misunderstood the technology?

Gaz

Old January 8th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Gaz wrote:
[...]

No you haven't a few Tiscali users have to same type of problem & it
is possible to have the line synch turned down in order to make a line
stable, it's just geting the fact that it is possible thru the droids
brains that is difficult...