Good relatively cheap ADSL router

Old January 9th 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Default Good relatively cheap ADSL router

Can anybody reccomend a good cheap ADSL router? I have been looking at the
Linksys Wireless-g Adsl2. This any good?

I have found it on this site.

Thankyou

Dan

Old January 9th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

Is there no such thing as "quality control of manufacture" these days?

Equipment should either work or not work according to specified
requirements.

Obtain Japanese made equipment. It's more likely to be reliable than
European and other junk.

All the rest is guesswork!

Old January 10th 06, 07:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Obtain Japanese made equipment. It's more likely to be reliable than
European and other junk.

Even the Japenese are having stuff made in China these days because its
much cheaper.

Dave
Old January 10th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paulfoel

Can anybody reccomend a good cheap ADSL router? I have been looking at the
Linksys Wireless-g Adsl2. This any good?

I have found it on this site.

Thankyou

Dan

Linksys is, in general, very good. If I remember correctly, they're
part of Cisco now as well.

Old January 10th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Daniel wrote:
Can anybody reccomend a good cheap ADSL router? I have been looking at the
Linksys Wireless-g Adsl2. This any good?

I have found it on this site.

Thankyou

Dan

I have had experieince with many different adsl routers, i would certainly
recommend the 3com adsl router, it has been very reliable, have installed
about a dozen. Stay clear of the cheap safecom routers on ebuyer, they all
fail, some straight away, some within a couple of weeks, some within a
couple of months, but they will fail.

Gaz

Old January 11th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:15:20 -0000, "Gaz" wrote:

Stay clear of the cheap safecom routers on ebuyer, they all
fail, some straight away, some within a couple of weeks, some within a
couple of months, but they will fail.

like 3Com PSUs you mean :-)

Phil

Old January 11th 06, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Phil Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:15:20 -0000, "Gaz" wrote:

Stay clear of the cheap safecom routers on ebuyer, they all
fail, some straight away, some within a couple of weeks, some within a
couple of months, but they will fail.

like 3Com PSUs you mean :-)

Phil

Are Belkin and 3com the same company, I have had a belking psu fail after 11
months, the psu is identical in size shape and labelling to that of the
3com, and indeed a 3com psu works on the Belkin.....

Gaz

Old January 11th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:46:36 -0000, "Gaz" wrote:

Are Belkin and 3com the same company, I have had a belking psu fail after 11
months, the psu is identical in size shape and labelling to that of the
3com, and indeed a 3com psu works on the Belkin.....

using the same PSU supplier I guess. Anything will work that provides
the right voltage, current, polarity, regulation etc.

Phil

Old January 12th 06, 08:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Daniel wrote:
Can anybody reccomend a good cheap ADSL router? I have been looking at
the Linksys Wireless-g Adsl2. This any good?

I have found it on this site.

Thankyou

Dan

I have had experieince with many different adsl routers, i would
certainly recommend the 3com adsl router, it has been very reliable,
have installed about a dozen. Stay clear of the cheap safecom routers on
ebuyer, they all fail, some straight away, some within a couple of
weeks, some within a couple of months, but they will fail.

Gaz

Not my experience and I have at least 7 out there going strong.

Dave
Old January 12th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Repton

On 2006-01-12, Dave Stanton wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:15:20 +0000, Gaz wrote:

I have had experieince with many different adsl routers, i would
certainly recommend the 3com adsl router, it has been very reliable,
have installed about a dozen. Stay clear of the cheap safecom routers on
ebuyer, they all fail, some straight away, some within a couple of
weeks, some within a couple of months, but they will fail.

Gaz

Not my experience and I have at least 7 out there going strong.

I have to say that my 3com ADSL wireless router has been a pile of sh**.

It regularly resets the wireless link, especially when transferring
large files or using msn.

As soon as the AVM 7070 is available in this country, I will be buying
one and binning the 3com.

--
Andy Repton