BBC Multicasting?

Old January 10th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default BBC Multicasting?

Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if it is
them or my router settings or what.

This is the service I am referring to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/...t.shtml#hook11

Old January 10th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Beck wrote:
Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if it is
them or my router settings or what.

This is the service I am referring to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/...t.shtml#hook11

....Limited number of ISPs...
Old January 11th 06, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Beck wrote:

Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working.
Not sure if it is them or my router settings or what.

You might get some joy if you look in the plusnet.customer.feedback
group and/or use the customer web forum, search for multicast(ing)
as I have certainly seen a list of routers which are known to
work, though mine were not listed. Peter M.

Old January 11th 06, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Ian Stirling wrote:
Beck wrote:
Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if
it is them or my router settings or what.

This is the service I am referring to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/...t.shtml#hook11

...Limited number of ISPs...

Plus net is one of them.

Old January 11th 06, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Peter M wrote:
Beck wrote:

Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working.
Not sure if it is them or my router settings or what.

You might get some joy if you look in the plusnet.customer.feedback
group and/or use the customer web forum, search for multicast(ing)
as I have certainly seen a list of routers which are known to
work, though mine were not listed. Peter M.

Oh so its a router thing?
My router has a setting for "enable IGMP multicast", would that be relevant?

Old January 11th 06, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Beck wrote:

Oh so its a router thing?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=33787
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=28002
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=28129

Old January 11th 06, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Peter M wrote:
Beck wrote:

Oh so its a router thing?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=33787
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=28002
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=28129

Thanks Peter, had not quite managed to get to the discussion forums on the
portal yet. Looks like it is a closed beta from what I can see.

Beck
Blog and Photos www.photoscene.co.uk

Old January 11th 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Beck wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Beck wrote:
Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if
it is them or my router settings or what.

This is the service I am referring to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/...t.shtml#hook11

...Limited number of ISPs...

Plus net is one of them.

True, but how was I supposed to know which ISP you were with.
Old January 11th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Beck wrote:
Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if it is
them or my router settings or what.

On a related topic.
I assume BT does not support multicast, to reduce the traffic on BT
centrals?

Old January 11th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Ian Stirling wrote:
Beck wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Beck wrote:
Has this been switched off at the BBC?
I tried testing it at the website but its not working. Not sure if
it is them or my router settings or what.

This is the service I am referring to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/...t.shtml#hook11

...Limited number of ISPs...

Plus net is one of them.

True, but how was I supposed to know which ISP you were with.

You weren't to know, I was just clarifying it :-)