Weird fast download tonight!?

Old January 12th 06, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Default Weird fast download tonight!?

Just done a speed test on adslguide and it came out as 1885 downstream!
thats highest I've ever had with 2Mb DSL.

Also tested downloading sp4 from microsoft.com and came down at 238KB/s! And
DU meter is reporting 247KB/s. Every other time apart from tonight my top
download speed is about 230KB/s and du meter normally reports 235KB/s!
Anybody know why!?!

Dan

Old January 12th 06, 03:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Anybody know why!?!

Nope, but a mate told me to VNC into his machine earlier to check out
his download speed - over 1Mb/sec (megabyte, not megabit) - its now a
10Mbit line he`s on, the barsteward :-(

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****