Global LLU availability check required

Old January 12th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Global LLU availability check required

Is there is site where I can put in my BT number and it will check all the
LLU providers for availability in my area?

Thanks

Old January 12th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shewey McSoup

"Steve" wrote in message

Is there is site where I can put in my BT number and it will check all the
LLU providers for availability in my area?

samknows.com

Old January 12th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

samknows.com

Perfect. Thanks

Old January 13th 06, 01:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Briscoe

In message of Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:34:40
in uk.telecom.broadband, Steve writes

samknows.com

Perfect. Thanks

Thanks for raising the issue. I find that LLU is provided by Easynet on
my exchange - Moorgate in the City of London.

My naive understanding is that they provide a wholesale service
analogous to that provided by BT to ISPs - including zen with whom I
signed for a minimal bandwidth service here after much kibitzing here.

I also understand ukonline is one of easynet's LLU customers.
I do not understand why that LLU service is not available at Moorgate.

As Moorgate exchange is less than 200 metres away, I think it unlikely
to be a question of distance.

How do I identify ISP's using LLU from easynet at Moorgate?
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 13th 06, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Walter Briscoe wrote:

I find that LLU is provided by Easynet on my exchange - Moorgate
in the City of London.

My naive understanding is that they provide a wholesale service
analogous to that provided by BT to ISPs -

They've certainly been mentioned as a potential supplier for higher
speed connections for some other ISPs.

I also understand ukonline is one of easynet's LLU customers.

They're closer than that. Easynet has been supplying business users
and UK Online is in the Easynet Group. On UK Online web site, click
link 'Website Terms' near the end under Internet Watch Foundation it
states this very clearly, but it isn't especially 'small' print :-)

I do not understand why that LLU service is not available at Moorgate.

Consider that as one of the areas with business customers nearby, and
it may have been one of the first 50 sites where Easynet installed, a
large portion of available kit will have been filled by business SDSL
connections, at a guess.

How do I identify ISP's using LLU from easynet at Moorgate?

Check the www.ADSLguide.org 'news archive' search for LLU, Easynet, or
perhaps LLUStream and you might build a list of ISPs, then visit any
ISP web sites and enter your phone number, to see if they offer a
connection, or will 'log your interest'. Good luck. Peter M.

PS There's a chance Bulldog also serves your area. I'm in N Wales,
where Easynet doesn't yet supply any service, but Bulldog is up and
running and a friend is getting over 7200 kbps (he's 3-400 m away,
as the crow flies, from the exchange).

Old January 13th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Peter M wrote:

a friend is getting over 7200 kbps

Sorry, that's the link speed. His speed test:
http://www.adslguide.org/tools/speed...d4ebfcb8e2a10a