Bt Yahoo Broadband: Line Problem: Hitting A Brick Wall

Old January 13th 06, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nevin

Default Bt Yahoo Broadband: Line Problem: Hitting A Brick Wall

Can anyone out there help. I lost my Broadband connection on the 23rd
December. It was fairly quickly identified as a line fault on BT's
side. For the last 3 weeks all I have received is endless apologies and
assurances that it will be fixed in the next 24 hours/48 hours; that I
will receive a callback within x hours. I have tried every method to
get beyond the very pleasant but totally ineffectual call centre. Once
I managed to actually get put through to the line department (a major
victory I assure you!) who assured me that the engineer in the UK would
be looking at the servers the next day. All to no avail. I have tried
the BT Compliant referral number in the UK. Once they sent me on a
round trip to the "Chairman's office" then to a wholesale line dept who
then put me straight back to the 0845-6007030 broadband call centre. The
second time, after listening they simply put me straight through to the
call centre again. Otherwise it is endless: " it is being looked at"
"it is the highest priority" etc etc. I have tried BT wholesale
directly but they have told me they cannot access any BT Yahoo records
and I must go through the call centre. So it all ends at the call
centre where all they can do is punch a few notes into the computer and
give me endless apologies. Anyone who has been through this will know
that it takes aprox 30mins after answering the phone to go through the
security questions and pull up the records. Sometimes the case is
simply closed and then has to be re-opened again despite no action
being taken.
I have now resorted to writing a letter a day to the CEO of BT updating
him on the experiences of the day with his woefully inadequate
organisation. I have probabaly spent upward of 35 hours on the phone
now.

Would it help if I cancelled BT Yahoo and went with another ISP in the
hope that they can apply the pressure to BT Wholesale to sort out the
line problem? Any experiences out there of this?

Has anyone in a similar situation tried cancelling and then re=ordering
BT broadband in the hope that they treat new customers better?

Alternatively I will have to go cable... what are speeds like on NTL
compared to the full BT Yahoo?

I am now completely at the end of my tether... paying now for a
achingly slow dail-up plus a useless BT broadband........HELP!

--
nevin
Old January 13th 06, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nevin

nevin Wrote:
Can anyone out there help. I lost my Broadband connection on the 23rd
December. It was fairly quickly identified as a line fault on BT's
side. For the last 3 weeks all I have received is endless apologies and
assurances that it will be fixed in the next 24 hours/48 hours; that I
will receive a callback within x hours.

I am also curious if anyone knows out there what the cause maybe. I had
started using a new phone (a Philips wireless phone) two days before it
went off. Was this just coincidence? I immediatedly stopped using it
and plugged the old phone back in. All phones are filtered and I have a
BT installed splitter and have checked the test socket - no difference.

Also I have twice in the 3 weeks suddenly got my connection back but
only for about 4 hours one night and 30minutes another time. My router
is always on (except when I periodically reboot just in case) so I can
tell from emails if if it has found a connection so I know it is only
on these 2 brief occassions in 3 weeks. What sort of line problem would
behave in this way? Nothing for weeks except for 2 short spurts?

--
nevin
Old January 13th 06, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Ouzzi

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:53:05 +0000, nevin
wrote:

nevin Wrote:
[...]

Have you got or have you ever had more than one telephone line INTO
your property (this would include residents before you purchased) ?
Old January 13th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

wrote:

nevin Wrote:
[...]

No it's not a DAC scenario......

Old January 14th 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
barry

nevin wrote:

Alternatively I will have to go cable... what are speeds like on NTL
compared to the full BT Yahoo?

can get 10mb on ntl now. I'd have gone with them and not BT had they
been bothered to cable the other half of the road. As it is, I'm now
stuck with 1mb adsl, instead of nice 10mb cable. sigh
Old January 14th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"nevin" wrote in message

Can anyone out there help. I lost my Broadband connection on the 23rd
December. It was fairly quickly identified as a line fault on BT's
side.

[snip]

Have you tried posting this on the bt broadband support group:
'bt.broadband.support' where you may get more pertinent advice. It is
also monitored, and contributed to, by BT Yahoo support staff.
--
Keith Willcocks